Chapter Ten

Aaron brought us back to his community. It felt safe. Of course, like always Dad got all protective and worrisome. He wanted us all in one house for the night. We toured around. Children ran up and down the streets the calm nature was pleasing.

"This is our pantry and armory. We already took everyone's weapons so, you know they are here." The leader of the group, Dianna was showing us around. We'd met her two sons, Spencer and Nick. Along with her husband. Everyone we'd met so far seemed extraordinarily nice. We'd even met Aarons boyfriend, Eric.

"I have a question." I spoke up and smiled at Dianna.

"Yes?" Dianna smiled at me and I ran a hand through my hair.

"Do you by chance have running water? You haven't touched on any of the actual prosthetics of this place." I smiled gently and Shane put an arm around my shoulder.

"Yes, there is running water." Aaron cut of Dianna to answer my question. My eyes went wide and I couldn't help but, smile.

"Shane can shave!" I cheered out and kissed Shane on the cheek. His mouth dropped in awe. I spun in a circle cheering. He'd collected enough beard to go around the entire group.

"I was like the beard." Shane scowled at me. I shrugged while everyone laughed. "Baby Noah can get a shower too!" Shane cheered and we all agreed.

"Woah, wait." I stopped everyone in their tracks. "Are there any clothes besides these?" I pointed at myself and the woman from the pantry smiled.

"Of course. Let me show you guys to your houses." The woman smiled. "I'm Olivia by the way." Olivia quickly shuffled towards a section of houses.

"We are all in the same one tonight." Dad spoke for us.

"No. I'm getting my own house Dad." I walked next to him. We'd been fighting for leadership the entire was to Washington. It had become a stress on the group.

"No. I'm putting my foot down on this one. You don't get to challenge me anymore!" Dad yelled at me. I threw my hands up and took a deep breath. Shane tried to put his hand on my shoulder and pushed him off.

"I'm not challenging you! I'm simply making choices for my family! I trust these people. I get your don't like my choices but, they are mine to make. Have you forgotten that getting Noah home cost Tyrese his life?" I yelled back, at this moment I knew I was challenging him, but at this point it was a war that needed to be fought.

"You put us all in danger!" Dad yelled back and I took a sharp inhale and clenched my fists. "Y/N that is enough!"

"No! You aren't allowed to choose what's best for my family anymore Dad! If you trust me then let me do what I want! My son, my husband, my baby brother, and baby sister. I will protect them. I have fucking protected them!" I yelled back and brought dad to a silence. He turned towards Olivia and Dianna.

"Two houses." Dad glared at me with his side eye. Olivia nodded. She pointed in front of us at two houses.

"Neither of them have been used yet. So take your pick. Both houses have clothes already inside." Olivia smiled as Aaron approached. Dad walked straight to one of the houses, Carl and a few other followed. I walked to the other. Shane and Daryl followed. One of them had Noah. Dad and I both went into the houses at almost the exact same time.

"What the hell was that?" Daryl's voice boomed through the house. I turned and glared at him.

"What the hell was what? The argument I had with my father?" I took a deep breath and kept a held together tone.

"Yes." Shane rocked Noah as he looked at me kinda pissed off.

"I'm tired of him thinking he has presidency because he's my father. People are dead because of the wrong calls he makes." I started to walk up the stairs. "I'm going to see my outfit choices. Then I'm going to shower."