Chapter Eight

Your POV

"Is this even necessary?" I groaned as a woman tied ropes to my wrists. Keeping me in place. "Gareth, you know this isn't going to do much right?"

"Shut the fuck up." Gareth silenced me. His bruised face said it all, I'd done a number on him. "You know, you would be perfectly fine if you hadn't laid a finger on me. Right?" Gareth wiped his thumb under my lip, my lip was cut and bleeding. I hadn't realized how much damage we'd done to one another. He slapped me, I punched him and when someone started to pull me off he insisted they stop. I had pulled back too soon and I ended up on the ground punches hitting my face. It's like he'd just returned the favor. He cut my lip, gave me a black eye. I'd at least broken his nose and given him a dark bruise on his cheek.

"I could easily get out of these." I smirked and squinted at me. "Want me to show you? I'll let you tie me back up." I gave him a whiney look and he rolled his eyes.

"No one is gonna find you alive. Once your husband is dead, that boy of yours, we're gonna make you watch us cook and eat them. Then you'll be next." Gareth smiled at me, he was pissed off.

"So can I show you?" I beamed and Gareth dismisses everyone out of the room. We were stationed in some kind of house.

"Fine." Gareth looked at me intensely. I smiled.

"Alright come here. I need to stand up." I nodded and Gareth stood me up. When I stood up I leaned over bending in half and I stepped one leg at a time through my arms. I had my hands in front of me, I slightly made my pants fall down. "Could you pull those up for me?" I bit my lip, this is my one chance to get the hell out of here.

"No, once your free you can." Gareth swallowed as I turned around trying to pull up my pants. "For fucks sake." He grabbed me by the waist and stopped me from moving. He pulled my pants up for me. And I took in an inhale. I was extremely uncomfortable and I couldn't feed into it.

"Thank you." I whispered, if I could seduce him I could get him to lower his guard enough I could make a break for it. Gareth held my waist for a moment and I slowly began to untie the ropes from my hands without him noticing. He slowly backed away, letting go of him. With my now free hands I grabbed his hands and stopped him. "Please, let me go. We can run away together, no one would know. I'd forget about everything. We could go take Noah, you'd be his new dad. We'd have more babies of our own. Gareth..." I bit my lip and he pulled away.

"Y/n, I'm supposed to hate you. I-" Gareth grabbed the door and looked at me. "I can't continue to fall. You're my weakness." He opened the door and walked out it. My plan was a success. I smiled at myself and sat down with my back against a wall.

"I think I want to marry you." Jaxton whispered in my ear while he kissed my neck. I stood frozen in my spot.

"I- I want to break up." I stumbled out my words and he pulled back heartbroken. He looked completely dead inside from my words.

"Fuck you." Jaxton whispered. I looked at the tears break from his eyes. "Fuck you!" He yelled again, within seconds I was on the ground holding my cheek. He'd hit me out of anger.

"Please leave." I tried to keep calm. Jaxton threw his hands up and left my apartment. I slowly stood up and grabbed for the phone. "Please pick up."

"Y/n?" Shane's voice filled my ears. I smiled in relief. "Y/n, why do your breaths sound shaky?"

"I just needed to hear someone's voice. I woke up from a nap, alone again." I tried to shake it off. Shane's voice always calmed me down.

"I'll be over in ten." Shane was dropping everything for me. Everything. He did as promised and showed up within ten minutes. My cheek was bruised and red. I couldn't hide it from Shane. I would have to tell him the truth. "Your face? What happened?"