1-A as monsters pt. 1

shinsou- babadook (lol)

about: A very tall pale-faced man with long fingers. He wears a top hat and acts as a metaphor for grief. It can be scared into a closet or basement when one overcomes the loss. Has the ability to get inside your head and access your deepest desires then use them against you.

Kami- Raiju

about: Its body is composed of lightning and with the form of a white and blue wolf (or even a wolf wrapped in lightning) being the most common, although it can be represented with other forms such as tanukis, kitsunes, weasels, or cats. It may also fly about as a ball of lightning (in fact, the creature may be an attempt to explain the phenomenon of ball lightning). Its cry sounds like thunder. Another of Raiju's peculiar behaviors is sleeping in humans' navels. Superstitious people often sleep on their stomachs during bad weather, but some legends say that Raiju will only hide in the navels of people who sleep outdoors.

Mina- Hydra 

about: Every drop of blood coursing through its body is filled with so much venom that it breathes poison. A noxious air fills its lair and anyone who inhales it will fill their lungs with an acid that eats them from the inside out.

Toko- Tariaksuq

about: it is a humanoid creature associated with shadows, invisibility, and obscurity. It is said that, for the most part, they are the same as any other human being. They have houses, families, weapons, tools, and more. Where they deviate from normal people, however, is that they are not visible by looking straight at them. In looking directly at them, they either disappear into the separate world which they occupy, apart from our own, or they are only seen for the shadow they cast. They only become visible if they are killed, and they are said to appear as half-man-half-caribou creatures. Aside from the strange condition of their visibility, it is also known that they can only catch prey while hunting it on foot.

sero- Squonk (read before the "about" before you laugh)

about: the creature's skin is ill-fitting, being covered with warts and other blemishes, because it is ashamed of its appearance, it hides from plain sight and spends much of its time weeping. Hunters who have attempted to catch squonks have found that the creature is capable of evading capture by dissolving completely into a pool of tears and bubbles when cornered. A certain J.P. Wentling is supposed to have coaxed one into a bag, which, while he was carrying it home suddenly lightened. On inspection, he found that the bag contained only the liquid remains of the sad animal. (terribly sad isn't it...)

Momo- Unicorn (May I repeat read the about)

about: mythological animal resembling a or a kid with a single horn on its forehead. The unicorn appeared in early Mesopotamian artworks, and it also was referred to in the ancient lore of India and China. The earliest description in Greek culture of a single-horned (Greek monokerōs, Latin unicornis) animal was by the historian (c. 400 BCE), who related that the Indian "ass (donkey)" was the size of a horse, with a white body, purple head, and blue eyes, and on its forehead was a cubit-long horn colored red at the pointed tip, black in the middle, and white at the base.

shoji- Hecatoncheires

about: Three monstrous giants, of enormous size and strength, with fifty heads and one hundred arms. They were among the eighteen offspring of Uranus (Sky) and Gaia (Earth), which also included the twelve Titans and the three one-eyed Cyclops. According to the Theogony of Hesiod, they were the last of these children of Uranus to be born, while according to the mythographer they were the first. In the Hesiodic tradition, they played a key role in the Greek succession myth, which told how the Titan Cronus overthrew his father Uranus, and how in turn Zeus overthrew Cronus and his fellow Titans, and how Zeus was eventually established as the final and permanent ruler of the cosmos.

jirou- Banshee

about: Irish legend speaks of a lament being sung by a fairy woman, or banshee. She would sing it when a family member died or was about to die, even if the person had died far away and news of their death had not yet come. In those cases, her wailing would be the first warning the household had of the death. The banshee also is a predictor of death. If someone is about to enter a situation where it is unlikely they will come out alive she will warn people by screaming or wailing, giving rise to a banshee also being known as a wailing woman.

Iida- Boread

about: Calaïs and Zetes, winged brothers fated to die if they could not catch their target, which may or may not have happened in their pursuit of the harpies during the voyage of the Argo.

tsu- Yacuruna

about: Have the ability to heal others. The yacuruna as a familiar can be summoned by a shaman to help him or her in the process of healing. The yacuruna may pass on healing knowledge to a sick person or shaman, and in this way they establish trust. Once trust has been established, the yacuruna will turn the person's head towards the front again, allowing the individual to return to the human world. Yacuruna may abduct people from a community, and it is the job of the Shaman to persuade the yacuruna to return the body safely.

If y'all want the other ten students lemme know! I loved writing the mythology I know down!!