13. Whatever It's Worth

[Shawn's POV]

 I walk into the kitchen the next morning, but everyone seems to be out or still sleeping. Yesterday Zayn and I went to this guy we met a few years ago house to play basketball, he lives here during the whole year, so we only see him during summer. We ended up spending the whole day there, so I only saw Camila at night and she was acting a little weird. I want to talk to her but she's still sleeping, so as I prepare something to eat, I see Aaliyah entering the kitchen.

 " Do you want some eggs?" I ask her since I'm about to prepare some for me.

 " Sure." She says taking a seat at the table. " Can I ask you something?"

 " Okay." I say curiously as I mix the eggs in the fridge.

 " Are you and Camila officially dating?" 

 " What do you mean?" I ask confused.

 " I mean, is she your girlfriend?" She says as I finish the eggs and put two plates on the table.

 " Yes, I guess." I say sitting in front of her.

 " But have you asked her to be your girlfriend?" She says as we start to eat.

 " Not exactly. Do I have to? It's pretty obvious what we are." 

 " Oh, god! You're so stupid!" She says looking at me. " Of course you have to."

 " Wait, did she tell you something?"

 " What? No!" She says nervously.

 She doesn't say anything more and eats in silence, leaving me alone right after. Camila probably told her something, but why wouldn't she talk to me? I thought it was clear we're dating, but now thinking back maybe I should have asked her properly. I finish eating while thinking of a way to ask her and then I have an idea. Going upstairs, I open her door and find her sleeping peacefully wearing my black hoodie she first stole last summer. I kneel on the edge of the bed leaning down to kiss her forehead, and as she slowly starts opening her eyes I straddle her and leave kisses all over her body. She starts laughing and then screams when I tickle her.

 " Shawnnn!" She says out of breath. " Stop, please!"

 " What do I get in return?" I say as she keeps laughing under me.

 " Am I supposed to say something nasty?" She asks making me stop.

 " I was thinking maybe a kiss." I say as she breathes hard. " But I'm up to whatever you say."

 She slaps my arm and pulls me down for a kiss, that quickly turns into a full make out. I start to run my hand under the hoodie she's wearing, until she pushes me so my back is on the bed and she's on top of me. I kiss her again as my hand goes back to where it was, and as I keep going I find out she's not wearing any underwear. I move my thumb to her sensitive nerve and press it, making her moan kind of loud against my mouth.

 " Seriously? This time in the morning?" I hear my mom's voice from the hallway.

 She opens the door that wasn't locked, as I sit down with Camila still on lap and adjust the hoodie on her body. My mom looks at us with an annoyed expression and shakes her head.

 " You two should go downstairs have some breakfast." She says looking at us.

 " I already ate." I say without thinking.

 " Shawn!" She says in a serious tone.

 " Okay." I say as Camila gets off of my lap.

 She walks out and close the door leaving us alone again. Camila takes off the hoodie and look for something to wear in the drawer, she then puts a pair of underwear, shorts and a tank top.

 " You really need to learn how to be more quiet." I say as she pulls her hair into a ponytail.

 " Shut up!" She says throwing a pillow at me. " If I'm being too loud you're the one to blame."

 We head downstairs and she has breakfast while I go to town to buy something to surprise her. She was complaining these days that she lost a necklace my mom gave her when we were younger. It had a seashell pendant and I remember how obsessed she used to be with it. I go to the small store, where I remember my mom bought it all those years ago, and of course I can't find the exact same one, but I still manage to get one very similar. It has a beautiful yellow seashell that I know she'll like. When I come back home, she's watching a movie with my mom and Aaliyah, so I sit next to her and kiss her cheek.

 " Do you want to come to the beach?" I ask in her ear so no one can hear it. " Just the two of us."

 She looks at me and nods her head, then gets up and walk upstairs to change into a bikini. She comes down wearing her yellow bikini, which makes me smile. I get up and I see my mom watching us walk outside. When we get to the sand I take off my shirt and we get into water. I take the necklace from my shorts pocket so I don't lose it in the water, and pull Camila in with my other hand. She wraps her arms around my shoulders and her legs around my waist, kissing me as the cold water makes us shiver.

 " I bought you something." I say showing her the necklace.

 " This is just like the one I lost." She says excitedly.

 " I know." I say putting the necklace around her neck. She touches the pendant and smiles at me. " I bought it because I wanted to ask you something." She looks at me confused but still happy about the gift. " Will you be my girlfriend?"

 I see the most beautiful smile spread across her face and she leans in to kiss me.

 " Yes." She says against my lips.

 " You should thank Aaliyah later." I say after she pulls away.

 " What? Did she…?" She trails off. " I'm going to kill her, I told her not to ask you anything."

 " Don't worry, I thought we were already official by the way." I say looking at her. " But I thought you deserved a big gesture if that's what you wanted."

 She kisses me with everything she has and we stay in the water for a long time, just enjoying each other's company.