12. No Rules

[Camila's POV]

 It's been almost a month since we first arrived at the beach house, and things couldn't be better with Shawn. He has been the most caring and sweet he had ever been to me, and even though he acts like I'm his girlfriend, he hasn't even got close to ask me to be that. I know that's just a label and I'm happy with the way things are right now, but there's still a part of me that wished he would just ask.

 " How are things with Zayn?" I ask Olivia as we sit in a bench close to an ice cream shop. Aaliyah and Sabrina asked us to come with them, and since I need to practice my driving skills, my mom said I could take her car.

 " Great." She says smiling at me. " I mean, I don't expect anything out of it. It's just a summer fling."

 " It must feel nice." She looks at me confused. " To have no expectations."

 " You'll get there one day." She says laughing a little.

 " I don't think so, at least not with Shawn." I say as Aaliyah and Sabrina sit next to us.

 " What's wrong? You two seem so perfect together." She says finishing her cone.

 " Wait, has Shawn done something? I'm going to kill him." Aaliyah says looking at me.

 " No, he didn't do anything." I say finishing my own cone. " In fact that's exactly it, what he hasn't done yet."

 " What do you mean?" Olivia asks curiously.

 " That sounds like something inappropriate." Sabrina says making Olivia laugh.

 " Oh my god." I say laughing with them. " That's not it." 

 " Then what is it?" Sabrina asks as all three pair of eyes look at me wanting to know what I mean.

 " Do you think is weird he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend?" I say with hesitation.

 " Wait, I thought he had already done that." Olivia says surprised.

 " I'll talk to him." Aaliyah says and as I'm about to protest she she starts talking again. " Don't worry, I'll ask in a subtle way, he'll just think I'm being nosy."

 We spend the rest of the day just us girls at Olivia's house, since Zayn and Shawn went to a friend's house to play basketball. Sabrina paints my nails in a beautiful red nail polish as we watch a movie and talk about random things. I don't know how we get to this subject, but suddenly Sabrina is asking me about my first kiss.

 " I was fourteen." I say as both her and Aaliyah pay attention to me. " It was a guy from school."

 " Was it good?" Sabrina asks curiously.

 " No, it was awful." I say making Olivia laugh.

 " What about you Olivia?" Aaliyah asks.

 " It was really bad too, but I was thirteen. It was a friend of a friend." She says getting up to get something in the kitchen.

 " Why are you two so curious?" I ask teasing them.

 " Sabrina just had her first kiss before summer started. She has been asking me a bunch of questions since then." Olivia says coming back and earning a dirty look from her sister.

 " Now I'm curious, was it good?" I ask Sabrina.

 " It was terrible." She says with a disgusted face. " I don't know how you guys do it all the time." Olivia and I laugh more than we should.

 " Don't worry, the first kiss is always bad." I say looking at her. " Sometimes is more about finding the right person." I add remembering how I felt the first time Shawn kissed and how nobody had ever kissed like he did.