Chapter 75: Nothing Haunts Us Like The Things We Don't Say

Rachel's POV

"Rachel this is not what I meant when I said we need to be more careful."

"What's not careful about having sex in the back of my car while the sun sets? No one is even out here."

Jenn looks in my eyes and smiles, "You're ridiculous you know that?"

"It would be off brand if I was anything else."

Since picking up things where we left off, Jenn and I can't keep our hands off each other. I guess absence does make the heart grow fonder, or in our case makes our hormones go into overdrive.

She catches her breath and starts sliding her clothes back on, "Either I'm getting old or you need a bigger back seat."

"You're not old", I say kissing her shoulder. "You just kicked my ass on the hiking trail"

"I thought you were trailing behind because you wanted to see my ass", she chuckles.

I smile, "Yeah for my ego let's go with that."

She pauses and looks down as she holds her yoga pants, "I can't believe I just hooked up in the back of a car like I'm a fucking teenager."

"Are you scared the trees are going to judge you? Because I'm certainly not going to."

"I'm more frightened how everything goes out the window when I'm around you."

I  smile, "Are you saying I make you fun?"

"No, I'm saying you make me vacuous."

"Ouch, well you make me...", I stare into her hazel eyes.

"I make you what?", she questions.

I snap out of my trance."You make me regret taking you to my favorite spot since all you want to do is insult me", I joke.

After we get dressed we walk over to my favorite spot that overlooks the city. We sit on top of the picnic table taking in the view.

"It's so beautiful out here", Jenn says putting back on her sunglasses and baseball hat.

"Yeah it's really peaceful. Thanks for meeting me today. It's nice to see you outside of my apartment. I was starting to think you're just using me for sex."

She laughs, "And if I was would that be a problem Ms. Taff?", she flirts.

I look down, "no of course not."

She looks at her watch. "Shit. I totally forgot that I have dinner with Greg and Jared. I have to get going I'll see you later", she says kissing me on the cheek.

"See you later."

Ok so spending time apart from Jenn also made me realize that this isn't just fun for me anymore.

**********

Jennifer's POV

"Greg, Jared I'm home are you ready?"

I walk into the kitchen to see them laughing and watching a football game.

"Sis you're home", Jared says smiling.

"What's going on? I thought we we're going out for dinner."

"It was Greg's idea", Jared says pointing to him.

"I decided to pull out the grill. Every man should know his way around one", Greg says looking at Jared. "You go get relaxed while we finish things up", he rubs my shoulders and gives me a kiss on the cheek.