Chapter 90: Rest and Recuperation

Jennifer's POV

My ponytail sways behind me as I run faster and faster. My legs running warm beneath me, fresh air in my lungs, and blood flowing through my body. It's just what I need to get out of my head. The DNA results are all I can think about.

As my legs push me on I receive a call from David. I double tap my right AirPod to pickup.

"Yes David?"

"Uh are you busy right now?"

"Yes running"

"Oh thank God I thought...Nevermind it doesn't matter. We have to start preparing for the next debate and your town hall. They are both right around the corner. I thought we could-"

"David", I say interrupting him. "I know we have a lot on our plates, but today is not the day to discuss that. I told you to take the day off and enjoy with your husband."

"And I thank you, but we really-"

As I reach my house everything around me goes silent as I see Greg's car in the driveway. "David I have to call you back."

"Greg! Greg! what are you doing here?", I say furiously walking in.

I find him in the guest room gathering some of his clothes. He looks over at me as he stands tall with a stern look on his face. "Why are you yelling?"

"You're not supposed to be here. You need to leave."

"I will once I grab some of my things."

His phone rings on the bed and he picks it up looking at the name."What's going on Adèle?"

"Ok text me to remind me. After I leave here I'll go by and pick some up."

He hangs up the phone and continues folding his clothes.

"She has you so wrapped around her little finger that you can't even see it", I say shaking my head.

"See what Jenn?"

"Nothing", I say with a smirk.

"Being away from home and away from you has been a great thing. You're such a miserable selfish bitch that you destroy everything around you. I'm thrilled this all went down the way it has. It gave me an out from you. I've been looking for one for a long time. My cheating wasn't enough for you to let me go because have no self respect. You only care about yourself and your career."

I walk over to his desk and pick up the scissors bringing them close to his abdomen. "If you ever talk to me like that again I'll leave you on the fucking floor bleeding out", I say pressing harder.

He lets on gasp from the pressure and looks down moving my hand away. "This woman scorned bit your doing is tired. We've done it before but I'm finally going to put an end to it. You're left alone with nothing but that career you love so much. And if our new living situations gets out you won't even have that. Meanwhile my investment deals are through the roof, I have a child, I have Adèle. She's younger than you, she's hotter than you, she fucks better than you.", he says looking at me with hate in his eyes.

"Enjoy it while you can Greg."

He zips his bag and brushes past me walking out the door.

I take a deep breath and call Frank.

"Hi Frank any word yet?"

"Results should be in soon. I know it's been a few days but I told them it was a rush."