Chapter 102: Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes

Rachel's POV

"Hello is this Karen? 

Hi Karen my name Rachel and I'm calling from the Office of Senator Jennifer Abner.

Yes, that Senator Abner. 

Karen, I see from our records that you have previously donated to the Senator's campaign and we would like to thank you for your contribution. The Senator truly appreciates. 

Absolutely I'll pass your message along. By any chance are you going to watch the last democratic debate tonight?

I agree. It's the most important one and it's due to you that Senator Abner is one that stage tonight. Your donation was a great help to keeping her in the race. As you know we're at a pivotal moment in our history and we could really use your help Karen. 

You want to help the best you can? We're happy to hear that, would you like to once again donate to the Senator to keep her in the race?

Thank you, the Senator is thankful for your continued support. Should we charge the card on file? 

Awesome. Have a great evening Karen and remember we're stronger together." 

I take off my head set and place it down smiling. "And that ladies and gentleman is how you get the fucking job done."

"Language Rachel!"

I roll my eyes at Mia as she passes by. 

"Why did we agree to this again?", Olivia questions. 

"Because you're amazing friends and you love me that's why."

"Drinks are on you tomorrow", Kennedy says as she looks around the room at the fast paced environment.  

"Deal, now everyone please stick to the script and get as many donations as you can", I reply.  

Olivia sits down and puts on her head set on. "Hi is this Dominic?"

"Hi Dominic my name is Olivia", she says rolling her eyes.

I laugh and walk away. 

"Hey Rach."  I turn around to see Avery who I haven't spoken to since our argument. 

"Hey", I say hesitantly. 

"Can I talk to you for a second?"

I oblige and we step away from the crowd. 

"Look Rach I was out of line and I'm sorry. I've been a little stressed out lately and I took it out on you."

I nod my head, "I figured that's what is was because it came out of nowhere. I thought we were on the same page with everything."  

"And we are. I didn't mean to say anything about-", she gives me a look as she sees our surroundings. 

"Ok."

She takes a deep breath, "I'm just really really sorry."

"I heard you the first time Avery. We're cool, next time let's just talk through it so it doesn't go 0 to 100."

"Alright."

My phone rings and I look down at the name that's trying to FaceTime me. "Sorry I have to take this."

"Go", she says with a slight smile on her face. 

I find a quiet room to take the call, "Hey Frank".