Chapter 80: Oh Jennifer

Rachel's POV

"Leaving so soon?", I question as Jenn gets up to slide on her jeans.

She looks at me and smiles, "Yes, I have dinner with Greg and Jared tonight."

I look down,"Oh cool... How are things on the home front?"

"There's a lot of testosterone in the house right now", she chuckles ."I love my brother to death, but as you can see he's a little much at times."

"And Greg"?, I question.

She buttons her shirt and looks down,"Fine." I sense some hesitation in her voice.

"You sure?"

She runs her fingers through her hair, "It's an adjustment with us sharing a bed again, but we're making do."

I sit up, "Why doesn't he just sleep on the couch?"

She shakes her head,"Ok new rule Rachel. We don't discuss my relationship with Greg anymore. I think it's best if I keep things separate."

"Ok."

"I have to go before I'm late. I'll see you later."

I lean in for a kiss but she keeps walking. I fall back on the bed and sigh.

**********
Jennifer's POV

Lately I've been leaving Rachel's place just as fast as I get there , and it has nothing to do with her but everything to do with me and my inability to put my happiness first. Work has and will always remain first in my life. Now more than ever that I'm making the huge announcement soon. Greg and I's relationship has been a complicated for quite sometime now but he understands that. I will do everything I need to do to ensure that my dreams come true. Even if that means taking Greg back to be a more united front. Greg has really been trying lately. Do I trust him? No. Do I think my announcement is part of the reason he's trying to get his act together? Yes, I'm not foolish. But I would be foolish to assume that Rachel and I can continue like this with all eyes pointing in my direction. So that's why I've been distancing myself to make this less painful if or when I finally decide to shut that door.

Speaking of doors, I had a little too much to drink the night of my birthday and fell into old ways. No Greg and I didn't have sex, but we came pretty damn close to it. That one shared moment is all it took to open the door and make me believe that this could work again. Maybe I can get everything I've ever wanted. My career, my family, happinesses.

"Don't you two look handsome, are you ready to go?"

"We've just been waiting on you for an hour, but sure let's go", Greg says placing his hand on the small of my back.

We walk to the car and he whispers "It was worth the wait" into my ear making me smile. Like I said he's trying.

We arrive to the restaurant and get seated in a private area. The atmosphere is perfect. We order drinks as we continue to look over the menu.

"Jear it's your last night in LA. How did you enjoy you summer?"

"It was great. I actually wanted to talk to you about that. I was wondering if I could maybe stay here?"

I put down my glass and Greg and I look at each other. "Your life is in Wisconsin. There's nothing for you here besides problems and temptations."

"Sis that could be anywhere. I like it here, the people are cool and it's stuff to do."

I look down.