Chapter 105: Ain't No Rest For The Wicked

Jennifer's POV

"Mia I'll be right back, there's something I need to take care of."

"Ok, do you need any help?"

"No I have it under control thank you."

She nods her head and turns her attention back to her computer while I make my way to the security office.

I peep inside to see the new young security guard with his feet propped up and laughing at smack cam videos on his cellphone. I roll my eyes and tap on the window startling him which makes him drop his phone.

He turns around to see me and scrambles.

"Hi, Hey Ms. Senator."

"Hi. Brian right?"

"Yes yes that's me."

"Brian I need to review the security footage for the 14th. Specifically in the main lot."

"Ok uh come in, would you like to sit down?"

"No thank you, I'm fine standing."

He looks nervously as he takes a seat and begins to pull up the footage. "Ok here it is."

"Can you frame it from 8:30am to 5:00pm?", I ask standing over his shoulder.

"Let's see", he presses a few buttons and turns around to see me standing closely. I hear him gulp, "All done."

"Excellent. Now I'll have a seat."

He quickly gets up and stands to the side.

I use the mouse to slowly fast forward the footage to find the culprit who vandalized Rachel's car. I already called the flower delivery service, but by law I knew they couldn't disclose the sender. It was still worth a try. I don't know if these are isolated incidents or calculated , but hopefully this footage gives me a lead.

As I get halfway through the footage I realize the footage is not actual to the day's events.

"Brian can you tell me why the footage is on a 5 minute loop?"

"Huh?"

I turn around to face him, "The footage repeats its self."

"Uh that can't be."

"Look in the right corner. This same plastic bag floats by every 5 minutes which leads me to believe 1 of 2 things. 1 being you weren't doing your job or 2 you altered this footage. Which one is it Brian?"

"I-I."

"If you want to keep your job you need to start talking...quickly."

***********

Rachel's POV

"Hey did you find anything yet?"

"No the footage was a dead end. Instead of doing his job the new security guard invited his girlfriend in the booth for Valentine's day. He placed it on a loop."

"How convenient is that. Of all of the days."

"I let him go, there's no way I can have the security of myself or my employees compromised. Especially with all those lunatics out there. I called the security company and told them I want to end our contract. Frank is already working on getting a new team, which I feel much more comfortable with."

"Good, it just sucks I don't know who did it."

"I know, but it's in the past now. Hopefully it won't happen again. We just need to be aware and keep our eyes open."