➸CHP 4

"J-Jaehyun?", I walked into Jaehyun's room, seeing him in bed.

     I knew he'd be sleeping. It was four in the morning.

     Why was I trying to wake him up at four in the morning?

     Someone was breaking in.

     A few minutes ago, I heard noises outside and saw someone in the lawn when I looked out my window.

     I wanted to go handle this with Miyoung...but Miyoung wasn't there.

     For some reason, I decided to tell Jaehyun what was happening. I have no idea why. I just did.

     "Jaehyun?", I took a step closer to him. 

     I put my hand on his arm and shook him a bit.

     "Jaehyun, wake up"

     "What's up?", he turned and looked at me.

     "You idiot", I whispered, "Someone's trying to get in."

     He sat up and stared at me with his tired eyes.

     "Are they armed?", he asked.

     "Yeah"

     He ran his hand through his hair and pursed his lips. I waited for him to say something.

     "Alright", he focused, "I need you to go pack a bag with the stuff you need, ok? After we take care of these people then we're making a run for it"

     "What?"

     "Stop asking questions, just go do it."

     I nodded slowly. 

     When I was back in my room, I just scrambled through all my stuff, throwing the most random things in an old tote bag. I picked up a pair of sweat pants, over sized t-shirts, a hoodie, and a whole bunch of random mismatched socks. I could care less about my clothes. I thought more about ways to defend myself when things were to happen.

     I heard Jaehyun walk over to my room.

     "Are they inside yet?", I asked him.

     "No. It looks like they've found a way to get in through the back door, though"

     I threw my backpack over my shoulder and held my gun at my side. I couldn't put my gun in a holster because I still had my PJs on; some shorts and a loose crop top.

     "You ready?", Jaehyun asked. He had a backpack on, too.

      I just nodded and followed him down the stairs.

     "It shouldn't take any longer than twenty minutes"

     I opened my mouth to ask him a question, but he stopped me by putting his finger over my lips.

     "Shh", he said, "They're inside."

     He raised his gun.

     I held my breath.

     Jaehyun fired a shot and lowered his gun. 

     "Lets go", he turned around to leave the house.