➸ CHP 26

"Hyuna, its been forever!", my dad gave me a big hug as I walked through the door.

     This morning, Miyoung and I decided that the best decision to make was to go back to my dad's and pretend that we had no idea what was going on.

     We also agreed to pretend that the whole reason I was gone was because "NCT kidnapped me".

     "I'm sorry, dad", I started, "Jaeh-I mean, Yoonoh kidnapped me, and I was stuck with the NCT mafia until now." That was totally a lie, and it hurt me to even pretend that NCT was like that.

     "I understand", he scanned my face, "Did they hurt you?"

     I shook my head as I avoided eye contact with him. They didn't hurt me, I hurt them.

     Miyoung broke the silence, "Well! Why not we head up to your old room? I haven't been in there in forever"

     "Ok...", my voice was close to a whisper.

     As I walked up to my old room, everything felt familiar. A "familiar" I didn't want to be familiar with anymore.

     "Dude!", Miyoung said when she shut the bedroom door, "Do you think your dad knows?"

     I threw my backpack on the floor and flopped onto my old bed, "Probably. I don't care anymore, though"

     "What do you mean, 'you don't care'?"

     "I'm tired and I've been to hell and back so many times in the past few months"

     I wasn't really all that tired, though. I just felt empty, and I didn't feel like doing anything. I still couldn't believe that I left NCT, and I missed Jaehyun a lot.

     "You okay?", Miyoung looked at me.

     I shrugged my shoulders, "I'm fine, I guess..."

     Miyoung sighed and stayed quiet for a few minutes as I stared at the ceiling with my hands folded over my chest.

     "Hey!", Miyoung's face lit up, "Lets have fun, tonight. You and I haven't seen each other in forever, and now that we're back on again, we should celebrate"

     I sat up and stared at her, "What does that mean?"

     "We're 21 aren't we?", she winked.

     "Oh my gosh", I laughed, "You haven't changed at all, have you?"

      She smirked, "Do you wanna hit up a bar or not?"

     I thought about it for a second, "Sure", I smiled, "That doesn't sound too bad"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Isn't this so exciting?", Miyoung asked me as we walked into the bar together, "We've never really done something like this before"

      "Mhm...", I replied. I was still a little out of it.

     Miyoung stopped and stared at me, "Girl, get over it!"

     "Get over what?"

     "Over NCT! Over Jaehyun! We're here to enjoy ourselves tonight, even if the circumstances aren't great right now"

     She was right. "Fine", I smirked, "Where do we start?"

     She turned to the bartender, "We'll have two vodka redbulls, please"

      I forced myself to have fun that night. After I tried ignoring my thoughts about Jaehyun and NCT, and even my problems with NewKidd, I was enjoying myself.

      Miyoung and I found ourselves dancing with strangers under the neon lights, and taking one shot after another.

      "You stay here", Miyoung said, "I'm gonna run to the bathroom real fast"

      "Alright", I said. After she walked away, I grabbed another drink and started dancing to the music again

      "This isn't the best place to be right now, babygirl", someone whispered into my ear.

     I discreetly looked to the side of me, "What do you want, Jaehyun?"