➸ CHP 31

When I woke up again, I realized that the whole van was on fire.

     My body ached so much, I didn't even want to move...but I obviously had to if I wanted to make it out of this situation alive. My head was cloudy and my vision was blurry...but the flames hadn't affected me yet. The ignolsium was still working for now.

     "W-what?", I couldn't even think straight when I tried to understand what was happening.

     I tried to get up, but I was still handcuffed to the bottom of the utility shelf.

     There had to be a way out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     NOBODY'S POV:

     "Hurry up, Mark. We don't have all night", Jaehyun yelled. NCT had been looking around the venue for the past hour, and no one saw any signs of Hyuna. They did see Miyoung, who was in rough shape after Hansol shot her, but no one knew where Hyuna was.

     So Jaehyun decided to go on a drive with Mark to see if they could track down NewKidd.

     "I'm here", Mark hopped into the passenger's seat of their van.

     Jaehyun started backing out and immediately drove towards the highway, "That girl could be anywhere right now"

     "Let just hope she's still alive", Mark said.

     "Seriously, man?", Jaehyun glared, "You had to say that?"

     "I'm serious! All the mafias and her dad are all focused on her tonight..."

     Jaehyun bit his lip, "We'll just have to try real hard to find her"

     The two were quiet for a little as they focused on cars around them, looking for any clues that would have to do with getting Hyuna back.

     "Jaehyun-hyung?", Mark asked.

     "What"

     "Can I ask a random question?"

     "As long as its not stupid, go for it"

     "Uhh", Mark fidgeted with his fingers, "What makes you care about Hyuna so much?"

     Jaehyun looked at Mark with a confused face. He didn't expect that kind of question at all. Especially from Mark.

     "Well", Jaehyun sighed, "She's been through everything that I have, and worse..."

     "So?"

     "Look, if you know what someone's going through and understand what they're feeling, you just end up doing crazy things to help them out"

     "Like how we are at NCT?"

     "Exactly"

     "So, umm", Mark let out a little, nervous laugh, "Do you...like Hyuna, then?"

     Jaehyun laughed, "I think I-". He was cut short. Mark suddenly had some shocked expression on his face.

     "What?", Jaehyun asked.

     "O-oh my...OH MY GOSH, JAEHYUN PULL OVER!", Mark yelled as he looked out the window, "JAEHYUN! HYUNA'S IN THERE!"

     Mark kept frantically pointing at one of the NewKidd vans that was flipped on its side and completely on fire.

    Jaehyun immediately pulled over.

     "Hyuna!", he yelled as he ran out to the van.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     BACK TO HYUNA'S POV:

     "Hyuna!", I heard someone call.

     After I heard other voices, I started to panic even more. I needed to get out of here alive.

     "Ok...", I mumbled to myself, "1...2...3!". I used all my strength to break my handcuffs.

     The handcuffs snapped. It worked. It actually worked.

     But now that I was free, I had no idea of what to do or where to go.

     "Hyuna!", I heard the voice shout again. I heard someone trying to clear away metal so that they could get into the cab.

     I forced myself to stand up. I couldn't even walk straight, I was hurting so bad. My vision blurred out on me, and I didn't even know where I was going.

     I tried avoiding the flames as I felt around the walls, looking for a door.

     Click. I popped the back doors open, and collapsed when I got outside. The cold, fresh air blew in my face and I laid on the pavement.

     "Oh my gosh, Hyuna!", I heard someone run up to me.

     "Th-this wasn't my fault", I murmured. I had no idea what words were coming out of my mouth, or where I was, or really anything.

     "Hyuna!", another person knelt at my side and lifted my head to their lap, "Is everything alright, babygirl?"

     "Wh-who?", I coughed a little because of all the smoke in my lungs.

     "Its Jaehyun...and Mark. You're safe, ok?", I heard them say as they held me up and walked me to their van.

     I couldn't make sense of any words.

     My world went black.