➸ CHP 34

Hansol? What did he want, now? Was he here to kill everyone and make another attempt to "extract my ignolsium"?

     I stared at Jaehyun the moment I heard Taeyong say Hansol's name.

     "He's unarmed and alone", Jaehyun whispered to me. His lips were basically on my ear.

     "What's he here for, then?", I whispered to the members who were close to me.

     Mark, who was sitting on the floor in front of me, shrugged his shoulders.

     Everyone was quiet. We all just stared at Taeyong, who just stood in front of the door in his shorts. None of us could really see Hansol's face; it was just dark outside. The NCT Dreamies already started to get a little bored, and started whispering with each other or making fun of the scene we paused on in our movie.

     Taeyong walked into the house with Hansol at his side.

     "Turn the lights on", he said.

     Jaehyun stood up, "Alright, what do you want, Hansol?"

     "I want payback", Hansol glared.

     "What kind of payback?", Mark asked. He was still sitting on the floor in his PJ's.

     "Payback on Hyuna's dad", Hansol replied.

     Everyone in NCT looked at each other.

     "So why'd you come us for that?", Jaehyun asked. His arms were crossed and he was totally concentrated on the current situation. He looked serious, even if he was in his sweatpants.

     "Because the whole reason Mr. Bu hired my team was to keep you guys out of the way", Hansol explained, "So he's obviously concerned about how strong you guys are as a team"

     "So?", Taeyong said.

     "So...if we teamed up, Mr. Bu would definitely be scared of us. Plus, if we won, then Hyuna could get her revenge, too"

     Taeyong stood there processing everything. "If you weren't lying", he started, "I might consider a deal..."

     "But you've lied to us before", Jaehyun said, "And I think once is enough"

     "Yeah", Chenle blew raspberry from his spot on the couch, "Seeya, wouldn't wanna be ya"

     Hansol sighed, "Whatever, I just thought it was worth asking", he turned for the door.

     "Wait.", I stood up and walked up to Jaehyun, Taeyong and Hansol.

     Hansol turned around and stared at me, "What now?"

     "Are you lying or not?", I asked, "Be honest"

     "I'm being truthful on this one", he replied quietly.

     Jaehyun rolled his eyes, "Give me a break-"

     "Shut up", I glared at Jaehyun, "I gave you a chance, Jae; you lied to me in the beginning, remember? About your identity, your job, your-"

     "Ok, ok, fine...I'm listening"

     "Good", I turned to Hansol again, "Ok, if we can actually believe you...I do want my dad to understand what he's done to all of us is wrong.", I explained, "I wouldn't mind working with your team, but I hope you know that NCT would be able to handle this situation on our own, too"

     "Understood", Hansol said.

     "And if you lie to us", I lowered my voice a little, "You should also know that there are many reasons for NCT and I to turn our backs on you in a split second...Miyoung's still upstairs suffering from that nasty bullet wound you gave her"

     "She's right", Taeyong said.

     "So what's the plan, then?", Jaehyun asked.

     Taeyong sighed, "Look, Hansol. I don't trust you or your team, so if you really want to work on this deal, you'll be the only one working with us...and we don't want you to go back to your HQ just to verify that you aren't lying to us, here"

     "That's fine", Hansol said.

     "Do you want me to call up Stray Kids again?", Jaehyun asked.

     "That'll be good...they deserve some of this, too", Taeyong replied, "The more the merrier"

     "Alright...", Jaehyun looked at the three of us, "Jisung! Go set up a cot downstairs...It looks like Hansol's gonna be staying for a while"

     Hansol smiled a little, "Thanks...I promise I'm not lying on this one"

     "Whatever", Jaehyun walked away with Taeyong.

     It was just Hansol and I.

     "I hope my dad taught you how much it hurts to be lied to", I told Hansol, "All of us here wouldn't think twice about teaming up with you, if it wasn't for your incident with NCT"

     "I know", Hansol said, "I didn't come with weapons or anything...I just really needed help on this one"

     "We'll give you a chance", I put a friendly hand on Hansol's shoulder, "Don't blow it"

     Hey guys! So I actually wasn't able to publish my NCT Dream Mafia AU today because I wasn't fully happy with how the first chapter came out...But! Happy birthday to our Moon Taeil <3 <3 Show lots of support for this amazing NCT member, guys! He's literally so talented, down to earth and adorable <3 <3 Happy readin', friends!