➸ CHP 37

"Hyuna," Mark whispered, "Pass the flashlight down"

     "Alright, here" I replied quietly.

     I'd been on a mission with Mark and Jaehyun for the past hour, since Taeyong sent us to go check out one of my dad's warehouses. Doyoung had been researching my dad's business locations, and thought the place we were at now would be the best place to "ambush" my dad.

     It took us a while, but the three of us managed to get onto the property without setting off alarms or being spotted by security cameras.

      We were at the hardest part right now: doing what we came to do. We had to see what was going on inside the building.

     For now, Jaehyun and I decided to fasten a rope to Mark's waist, and lower him from the roof so that he could look through the windows on the side of the building.

     "See anything?" Jaehyun whispered to Mark, as he tried to hold his grip on the rope.

     "Not yet," Mark replied, "Lower me a bit"

     Jaehyun rolled his eyes and started lowering the rope.

     "Hurry up, slowpoke!" Mark whisper-yelled at us, "We don't have all night!"

     "Take a chill pill" Jaehyun said, "If we drop the rope, we drop you."

     We all went quiet again, and waited for anything from Mark.

     It'd been a hectic night. It was dark and cold outside, plus it had rained an hour ago, so everything was wet, too. The only things I said to Jaehyun that night, or really any night for the past four days, were short, small things along the lines of business.

     I stared at Jaehyun as he held his grip on the rope. He just stood there, without saying anything, and biting his lip and he tried his hardest to not drop Mark. Since it was dark, I couldn't see him as well, but I watched him anyway.

     "Alright" Mark said, "Bring me back up"

     Jaehyun nodded. He slowly pulled the rope towards him.

     When Mark got his two feet back on the ground, he started unfastening the rope around his waist and sat down.

     "What'd you see down there?" I asked as I handed him a water bottle.

    "The usual," Mark opened the lid to the bottle and sipped on his drink, "No security guards, no people at all...just a couple security cameras."

     "Were there any lights on?" Jaehyun asked.

     "Nope," Mark replied, "Just the exit lights, and that's it"

     "That's weird," Jaehyun said. After a few seconds, he turned around and paced further away on the roof top from Mark and I.

     I shot Mark a glance, and he did likewise.

     "You'd think," Jaehyun walked back towards us, "That there would be people here...especially since Doyoung said this was the location where all the mafias met up"

     "Maybe Doyoung's theories were wrong," I suggested.

     "Doyoung's never wrong about these things," Jaehyun looked at me, "He might not know how to defrost frozen veggies in the microwave, but he's spent the last month researching all this...his research has never been wrong"

     "Wel,", Mark stood back up and looked at Jaehyun and I, "We told Doyoung that we'd tell him what the building was like, and we did. So, lets go home"