➸ CHP 19

After I overheard what Mark said to Jaehyun, my heart sank and a cold chill went down my spine.

     "NewKidd?", I whispered to Jaehyun as he shut the door and began shuffling around his clothes.

     "Its ok...Just stay calm and get your stuff together"

     "What stuff?", I hopped out of bed, "What's happening?"

     "Just put everything you brought here into your backpack and head downstairs"

     I tried my hardest to get a grip of myself. Even though my hands were shaking like crazy and my heart was pounding out of my chest, I gathered my clothes and my toothbrush as fast and "calmly" as I could.

     I was just thankful that we saw NewKidd coming, and we didn't have to deal with them showing up out of nowhere.

     "I have everything", I told Jaehyun, "What now?"

     "Do you have your gun?"

     "Yup. Right here. And I have explosives, just in case"

     "Cool. Go downstairs. I'll be down in a second"

     When I got downstairs, everyone was in the living room. They all stared at me when I walked in.

     "Are you all set?", Taeyong asked me.

     "Yes", my voice was shaky, and a little hoarse since I just woke up.

     "Ok, we need to get you out of here ASAP", his voice was serious as he explained everything to me, "I'm leaving you with Mark and Yuta."

     "Where do I go?"

      "They'll be down in a second, and you guys are gonna make a run for it"

     I nodded slowly. I was still having a hard time processing everything.

     "You'll be fine", Taeyong said, "Go wait on the couch"

     All I could do was obey what the others told me. This whole situation was in existence because of me, after all.

     "You ready?", Mark ran up to me with Yuta behind him, "We need to leave"

      "I'm good", I stood up and grasped my mother's locket around my neck.

     "Sweet. Go to the garage with Yuta."

     Everything was happening so fast, I don't even know how my head was still on my shoulders.

     Yuta lead me to one of the white vans, "Hop in the back and lay down...we can't have you spotted on any security cameras out there"

     "Ok...", I found space for my body on the floor and rested my backpack on my stomach.

     "Comfortable?", Yuta smiled.

     "Good enough.", I said. He shut the door and got into the driver's seat. Mark got into the van a few seconds later.

     I heard the door next to me re-open.

      It was Jaehyun.

     "Stay safe, ok?", he kissed me on the cheek, "And be brave, sweetie."

     "I will...you have to promise to keep yourself safe, too"

     "Mhm...", he smiled, "Ok, guys! Get as far away from here as you can"

     The door shut. Yuta started the car and the lights dimmed.

    As soon as I felt the vehicle move, I knew this night was off to a start.

     There were so many things to think about, but the thing that was on my mind above everything else was Jaehyun.

     What if I never saw him again?