➸ CHP 7

"Hyuna", I felt someone shake my arm as I slowly opened my eyes, "Wake up. Jaehyun wants you downstairs".

     Sure, things may have loosened up between Jaehyun and I over the last month or so; but I still wasn't a fan of getting orders from him like that.

     "I don't take orders, remember?", I looked up from my pillow and saw Mark looking out my window.

     "NCT saved your life, Hyuna. You should listen to us when we tell you to do something"

    I opened my mouth but Mark just scolded me. "Get downstairs", he said.

     I don't know what it was, but whenever any of the guys told me to do something with that tone, I gave up. Its like how my dad and I were; and now even when I'm not at home, I still manage to run into these kind of situations.

     "Fine...", I mumbled to Mark as I walked out my door.

     I pouted as I walked down the stairs.

     "Morning sunshine", Doyoung and Jungwoo greeted me as I walked into the kitchen. The two of them were looking at something on one of Doyoung's laptops that was set up on the kitchen island.

     "Where's Jaehyun?", I said to them.

     "He's in his office"

     "Don't worry, you're not in trouble", Jungwoo said.

     "Ok then, why would he want me there if I'm not in trouble?", I asked. The guys didn't hear me though; they refocused on whatever they were doing.

     I let out a sigh and slowly walked to the office.

     The door was closed, but I heard voices inside when I placed my hand on the handle.

     I listened for a second.

     "She'll be here soon...leave the talking to me ok? I don't want her knowing about NewKidd yet", I heard Jaehyun say.

     "I know. I'll leave that to you", another voice replied.

     There was a silence.

     I opened the door and saw Jaehyun and two other guys standing in the room.

     "Uh..hi", I said, "Mark said you wanted me"

     Jaehyun gave a faint smile and walked over to me.

     "Hyuna this is Bang Chan, the boss of Stray Kids, and this is Lee Minho, Stray Kids' under boss"

     I shook hands with them.

     Jaehyun continued, "Stray Kids are our allies. They agreed to help us with..."

     Jaehyun paused while Chan and Minho shot him a glance.

     "With?", I asked.

     "They're just...helping NCT again with our missions"

     "Ok? So why did you wake me up for this?"

     "Because you'll probably be seeing them around. You'll need to trust them"

     I turned to Chan and Minho, "Ok here's the thing", I cleared my throat, "I don't do trust."

     They looked puzzled. Jaehyun just rolled his eyes.

    "That means", I said, "That I don't take orders from anyone."

     Everyone was quiet.

     "Well! Nice meeting you", I smiled and turned to leave the office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     A couple hours later, the house was quiet again. The few Stray Kids members that were there had left, and everyone in NCT were training or doing research. 

     I had spent time in my room reading the random books that were provided, and staring at the ceiling.

     To be honest, I wanted to talk to Miyoung. Ever since Jaehyun and I left that house that one night, I hadn't been allowed to see or talk to Miyoung. Plus, the members destroyed my phone since they knew my dad could've tracked me down with it.

     Taeyong was kind enough to send people to tell Miyoung that I was ok, but it wasn't the same as seeing my best friend in person. I didn't want to risk anything though, because I could get her into trouble, too.

     Thinking about my old life depressed me, so I ended up going downstairs to grab a snack form the kitchen. Even though it was still broad daylight outside, I tiptoed around the house since it was so quiet.

     When I walked by Jaehyun's office, I saw a glimpse of him sitting at his desk. He was just skimming through documents with Mark and Taeyong.

     As I walked by the door, Jaehyun and my eyes met. I immediately looked away, pretending I hadn't looked into his office.

     I stopped after I passed the doorway. I had a lot on my mind since I left my house, and I figured I would try to ask Jaehyun what was going on.

     I reversed in my steps and poked my head into the office. "Hey guys...I just had a quick question for Jaehyun"

      Everyone just nodded. "Come on in", Jaehyun said, still staring at the papers in front of him.

    "Its about the night when there was a shooting at the venue", I walked closer to Jaehyun's desk.

     "What about it?", he asked.

     "Well, you told Miyoung that you thought you knew who was at the bottom of this"

     "I do."

     "So...who is it?"

     At that moment, Jaehyun actually looked up from his papers. He stood up from his desk chair and walked right in front of me.

     I stared at him, waiting for his response.

      "Ji Hansol", he said.