➸ CHP 20

The van started moving, and before I knew it, I could see the street lights outside the car windows.

     It was so beautiful outside for such a scary night.

     "How're you feeling, Hyuna?", Mark asked me after a few minutes of everyone being quiet.

    "I'm hanging in there", I replied from my position on the floor.

     "Just stay calm, ok? Everything's gonna be alright"

     Yuta laughed out of nowhere.

     "What was that for?", Mark glanced at Yuta.

     "Mark's freaking out right now, aren't you, Mark?"

     "Am not!"

     "Don't overreact, Mark.", he winked, "Its no big deal"

     I laughed. I laughed hard. It felt so nice to smile after an hour of literal hell.

     "Do we have an idea of where we're going?", I asked.

    "Maybe", Yuta yawned as he casually turned the steering wheel, "Maybe not."

      "I have no idea how you guys are so calm right now"

     "We're used to it", Mark said, "We've been in these kind of situations so many times"

     "We have the easy shift tonight, though", Yuta said.

     "What does that mean?", I asked.

     "It means that we're not at the house right now"

     I was quiet. What was he saying?

     "You think NewKidd's there yet?", Mark asked Yuta as he popped an energy drink open.

     Yuta glanced at his watch, "I dunno"

     "Are they gonna be alright?", I asked.

     "They'll be fine", Yuta said, "But they might have a hard for a little bit. NewKidd have techniques we're not used to dealing with"

     "We're just lucky that Stray Kids agreed to help out"

     "Yeah...", I stared out the windows, still laying on the car floor.

     I really hoped everything would come to an end. I didn't want anyone getting hurt, especially since they were doing all this to protect me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Wake up, Hyuna. We're here.", Mark opened the car door and shook my shoulder. We'd been driving for so long that I ended up falling asleep, even when my anxiety was off the charts.

     "Where's 'here'?", I asked as I hopped out of the car.

     "One of Stray Kids' warehouses...Chan said we could use it since none of the other mafias are familiar with the location."

     "Nice...", I said as I scanned the large, empty-looking building.

      "We're gonna stay here for the rest of the night and then we're gonna start running even more by 5:00 AM", Yuta said.

     "That's in three hours, though", I grabbed Mark's wrist and looked at his watch since I wasn't wearing one myself.

     "Sure is.", Yuta smiled, "So you better sleep while you can"

     "We have energy drinks in the car, too", Mark winked at me.

     Yuta unlocked the building. When we started walking inside, I noticed that there was pretty much nothing inside. Our footsteps echoed in the hallways as Mark led us to one of the rooms on the third floor. 

     "I need access to the roof", Mark said as he placed his backpack on the floor, "That way Yuta and I can take turns for watchout"

     "I'll take first shift", Yuta took his gun out of its case.

     I put one of my hoodies on the cold, cement floor and laid down on it.

     "Thanks, you guys", I looked at Mark and Yuta.

     "No problem.", Mark replied. He sat against the wall and closed his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "What was that?", I woke up to Mark whispering to Yuta, who'd just gotten back from his watch out shift.

     "Couldn't be any people...I didn't see anyone up there", Yuta whispered back.

     "What's going on, guys?", I sat up from the floor and rested my hand on my gun.

     "We thought we heard someone outside", Yuta told me as put his ear on the door.

     Mark stared at the door. His face was concentrated and serious. "Lemme grab my gun from the roof...Stay here with Hyuna, Yuta"

     I did what everyone else had done: stare at the door. That's all we could do. We could only hope everything would work out that night, and our luck wouldn't fail us.

     BAM!

     The door collapsed onto the ground. All of us were completely caught off guard. Mark came running back down from the roof when he heard the sound.

     It was happening. This was actually happening.

     My heart nearly hopped out of my chest when I saw the door fall the way it did. I still tried to calmly reach for my gun.

     "Fancy seeing you here, Hyuna", the lights in the room were turned on, revealing the face of Hansol and one of his other members.

     "You, too", I tried to stay calm on the outside, "Looks like we have some business to clear up, huh?"