3.9

a/n: I skipped forward a bit, so its his last full day at the hospital, Im only writing like 4 more chapters then the epilogue, this is crazy thats its almost over. thank you all for supporting my story and getting it to 15k reads. I wrote this story off a stupid idea and you guys just.. wow. thank you. I've already started on the sequel a bit, so that's also gonna be up by February. exciting.

ashton's p.o.v.

"Are you excited to go home? Go to school? Hm?"

I wanted to cry, to be honest. I've grown so close to these nerds and now I'm leaving.

It was December 29th, so I had been here during Christmas. They decided to keep me longer than planned since I had an anxiety attack the day I was suppose to leave, because that how fucking lucky I am.

So, I was sat in the, as I call it, Smoking Room. I promised myself just that once, but it felt right. I was alone this time, since everyone was at lunch. I roll up the green stuff -- I never learned what it's called -- into the thin paper, and held it to my lips. I lit it with Roland's lighter he left here, along with the rest of their stuff.

I breathe in, holding it in my lungs. It burned, making my entire body heat up as my eyes watered slightly. I breathe out the smoke with a pffft.

I breathed in more, before blowing that out to. Once the high hit me, I was already on my third puff, so I decided unintentionally to stop.

"Ashton! There you are! What are you doing?" It was Ryder, and once I saw Michael was behind him I jumped up. "Hi," I wave.

Michael blinks at me, "Luke's gonna kill you." That's all he says. Ryder bites his lip at me. "Luke's in our room with the Calum kid," he tells me. I was still staring blankly at them before shrugging. "Oops."

My brain felt like it wasn't there anymore, and I loved it. I loved I didn't have to think. I loved that my head was clear. The lights became brighter by the minute and I barely heard Michael sigh. "Stoned or not, Luke's here to talk to you."

So, I was pulled down the hallway to my room. Once I'm pulled into the room, Luke glances at me, then at Michael. Ryder clears his throat, "We found him in the smoking lounge, so you know.."

Luke sighed, "Ashton, you were smoking?"
I giggled, "Stoned, man."

"Stoned," he grumbled, taking my hand before sitting me on the hospital bed. I grinned at him, while he just stared at our hands.

"Y'all want some alone time? To talk?" Ro asks. I didn't realise everyone was in the room. Luke nods, "Please."

He didn't speak to me at first, he just kept staring at our hands. My high slowly started wearing off after a while, but the first words he spoke made me want to cry.

"Why didn't you tell me about Manchester?"

-------
THIS IS SO SHORT DONT KILL ME