New Happiness

A few weeks have passed since me and Regina's talk. I've been active in trying to better my mental health. I started going to see Dr.Hopper and he diagnosed me with depression. He signed me up for a service animal program. Recommending a comfort animal was the best thing to happen. This is Eric my new best friend.

 This is Eric my new best friend

He's the best dog ever. At first, Regina wasn't on board with my having him. Especially because of the baby being so close to being here. But she fell in love with the minute she saw him. He has that effect on people. Regina says he's me in dog form. We both love cuddling and putting our ears to her baby bump. She always tells me I'm like Velcro always cutely sticking to her.

 It's currently the morning and I'm sitting on the couch in the living room just thinking. My worries clouding my head and making my throat burn from holding back tears. Eric sensed something was wrong so he climbed in my lamp.

"Thanks, buddy I appreciate it," I say running my hands through his soft fur. I get up from the couch and let him out into the backyard. "Let's make breakfast shall we, "I say to myself. Cooking is one thing I like to do to clear my mind. After I'm done I make a plate of food for Regina with some orange juice. I thought breakfast in bed would be a nice surprise. Trying to keep her comfortable and letting her know how much I love her through this pregnancy is very important to me. I open our bedroom and she is typing away on her laptop. "Aww, I wanted you to be sleeping when I brought you breakfast." I pout

"I'm sorry my love I wake up when I didn't feel you. I thought you went to the docks with Eric."

"Well, I hope you still want breakfast."

"I sure do, it smells amazing you really know how to cook. You might be better than my mother" She laughs.

"Oh don't let Cora hear you say that or our son will only have one parent."

She lets out a big laugh "You're right."

"Speaking of our son, Hey my little man," I say bending down to her stomach giving it little kisses. I feel something press against my lips. Not like in a kick way. "I think our son has either his foot or his hand on my lips."

"I bet it's his foot." She says giving me a playful smile.

"You just love to hurt my feelings" I fake pout.

As we were eating breakfast a thought come into my mind. "Hey, Gina how long do you want to be Mayor?"

"Well as long as a can, I can be a teacher if I'm not re-elected."

"I was thinking about us moving back to my house."

"How come?"

"I want to be able to change the house the way I want to with no reals attached."

"I see where you are coming from but it's going to be a lot of work I can't help much."

"It's totally fine it can be one of my projects."