Episode 28

(Chloe's pov)

Owen opened the door of the bathroom and walked back into the living room and smiled softly.
"So what are you doing for Christmas?" He asked as he sat down on the sofa, taking a sip from his hot cocoa. "Hanging out with family. That's it..." I say and sip my cocoa as well as I'm eyeing him with cold eyes. "What about you?"
"Spending it with y/n's family."
I hummed as I nodded with a line across my lips. The knife was in my back pocket, hoping it wouldn't pierce my skin of through my pants.
Me and owen just picked up the conversation for a little bit until I can find the right time to strike.

(Y/n's pov)

My luggage was ready and I took my phone out and texted Owen.
'I'll be leaving soon, ily I'll see you on Christmas❤'
There wasn't a response right away so maybe was just packing up his stuff. I sit on my couch and looked around my dorm, humming a soft tune. I really was going to miss this dorm even if it's for a few months I feel like I'm going to lose this sense of lonely security.
'I'm on my way sweetheart'
My mother texted which I responded quickly with alright.
I remembered that I didn't call chloe back, I was currently debating on whether I should even call her back. Or maybe even text her.

(Chloe's pov)

"Well that's good." He says and picks up both of our glasses, empty of cocoa. He put them in the sink, this was my time owen was now vulnerable and wasn't expecting anything. I stood behind a wall of the kitchen doorway as i waited for him to walk out, gripping the knife in my right hand with anger flood my my body like a tsunami. Adrenaline pumped in my body, my veins, my arms felt weightless. I was really going to do this huh? For justice? For y/n's wellbeing? Yes I was.
"Alright, i guess we should both get go-" when I see him walking out, I grab his shoulder with my free hand and shove the knife In his stomach, pushing him in the living room before jerking the knife out of his stomach, his face read of shock, anger, and pain. He screamed and fell to the floor as he held his wound, looking at the wound with tears in his eyes. "FUCK FUCK!" He screamed as he laid there in pain. "HOW DOES IT FEEL FUCKER?! YOU SICK FUCK!" I pulled my phone out and called y/n, begging and hoping she picked up.
The ringing stops and I hear her voice through the call.
"Hello?-"
"Y/n! You need to get over to owens dorm now!"
"Wh-"
"NOW!"
I ended the call and threw the knife to the side, kicking his side and spitting on him angrily. "I got you now!" I walked into his bedroom, rummaging through his belongings to see his journal. This was the journal Julie had been talking about. I grabbed it and I looked around to see his fake ID's. This was all perfect evidence I needed. A few minutes later I hear a knock on the door and I ran over, making sure owen was on the floor. He looked to be still there and slowly dying there.
I opened it and saw y/n, she looked at me and walked inside to see owen. She gasped and ran to his side with tears running down her face.

(Y/n's pov)

"NONONONO OWEN!" I yelled with tears rushing down my face as I held his bloody wound. He caressed my cheek with droopy eyes. I looked at Chloe with anger.
"How could you!?"
"I have the evidence y/n!"
She threw a journal and cards at me, I held the bloody journal in my hands. I opened it, reading all the way through. "Y/n...im sorry, for being a lying bastard.." owen choked out with tears in his eyes, looking at me with sorrow. I stumbled across pages that were the most disturbing. I was shocked, horrified, sad, and sick. I was the wrong one. Chloe had been right all along, he was what she said he was, he killed kyle, a girl named julie, his therapist, and flynn. He logged it all in a journal he kept, I should have listened to chloe when i had the chance.
"Im sorry..." owen choked out as he cried there in pain and sorrow. I looked at him with tears of my own and threw the journal to the side angrily. "Why?! Why did You do It! I trusted you!" I cried out angrily. I was hurt and felt stupid for believing him.
"I loved you, so much! You're the only one I ever wanted in my life...I hated everyone who was around you...Kyle deserved it. The rest....They didn't....They didn't deserve it. I realize that now..." I cupped my hands over my mouth, it was true. Chloe stood there and watched this.
"Police are coming." Chloe commented and opened the door so they can have a clear entry.
"I'll never stop loving you y/n..." owen was slowly slipping away from my arms, life was slipping from his eyes.
"Owen...I loved you..." i say breathlessly as I run my fingers through his hair.
"Before....before I go...." He says and caressed my cheek softly, I held his hand there with red blood shot eyes from crying. "Remember how I promised....I would take you to....to the moon?" I nodded as he says this with a chuckle leaving my lips, he smiled at me weakly.
"That is the...promise I will...always keep."
"NOO!"
Pain erupted from my stomach as he shoved the knife in my stomach, falling limp and dying after he had some what he had did. The knife ripped out as he fell limp, I fell to the side with gasping breathes as I looked at the wound.
"NO Y/N PLEASE!" Chloe ran to my side and held my body in her arms, she tried to put her arm over the wound but I stopped her. I shook my head and smiled weakly.
"Don't...I deserve this..." I say weakly and look at the wound and back at her with tears blurring my vision. "You can't leave me alone!" Chloe sobbed loudly as the sirens grew louder and closer to campus. "I should have listened to you....owen was evil...evil....I'm never meeting....him to the moon..." She choked up as I said this and held me tightly in her arms as I was passing away, life was slipping from my fingers. I definately deserved this after everything I've done, neglecting the problem and believing the psychopath instead of my best friend. "Love is blind....Please don't be blind....to it..." She nodded and caressed my cheek with a shaky and bloody hand as she held me.
"Get back with davis...you deserve each other." I chuckled softly as the darkness started to close in on my vision.
"I'll be waiting for you...at the moon."

(Chloe's pov)

"NOO Y/N! PLEASE DON'T! STAY AWAKE!" She was dying in my arms as the life slipped away from her eyes as she laid there lifeless in my arms. "WAKE UP PLEASE!" I begged the dead body of my best friend, this was all my fault.
I'm a murderer.
I became the very thing I promised I'd never be.
Killed her boyfriend and killed her as well.
The paramedics and the police stormed in.
This night, I will never shake away from my soul.