Episode 18

(Owen's pov)

Rushing out of the office I ripped up all the notes and shove them in the garbage. No matter what I will always be one step ahead. I rushed down the hall and out the door and saw he was getting in his car. I went to my motorcycle and put on my helmet and turn on my bike. He pulls out of the parking lot and drives off but I was following straight behind. Being smart about this I take a few misleading turns but end up right back behind him.

(Chloe's pov)

"Flynn we need to call to police! I can't have my best friend dating a psychopath!" I shouted at flynn, pacing back and fourth in the room and I gripped my hair. "Why haven't you?!" "You know why!" He shouts back at me and I just fall to my knees and panicking. Where was he now?! Was he killing someone else?! Was he with y/n?! Was he watching right now?! Questions rushed through my mind as I'm questioning everything about him. He was definitely a manipulator he probably manipulated y/n into loving him! "Oh my God what am i going to do?!" Flynn grips both my shoulders and looks deep in my eyes. "Woman! Calm down! We will figure this out, we can call the police but you will be the one. There has to be a way to show evidence." He says, his wounds were practically almost healed by now. But then I finally had an idea. "Do you know where his storage unit is located by any chance?" I asked curiously, if he did then we might have a shot in catching a murderer! "I think so...I saw the streets it might be either on yuli ave or steven bring bulivard..." He said as he tried to think. "Go to one of those streets and there might be a storage unit there." I groaned and looked at him. "Would you know by any chance what his storage number is?!" He froze up and held his head, groaning in annoyance. "No I didn't look!" "FLYNN!"

(Owen's pov)

He parked his car in the drive way and i parked a few blocks down. Hopefully he hasn't spotted me. I light a ciggerite and hang my helmet on the right handle of my bike. I keep my bike gloves on since I don't have my..."working" gloves on me. I slowly inch towards his house and hide on the side and in the darkness. I mean through the window and see he's speaking to his wife. He seemed worried and panicked. But I could only hear mumbling from outside but all I can imagine is he was talking about me. I sneak towards the front door and try the door knob, locked.
I sneak towards the back to find there was no back door. I walk towards the kitchen and see their child is in there. They're daughter was sitting there, coloring. She seemed to be in her teens, she was eating at the table. 'Oh my god, I don't want to have to...'

(Chloe's pov)

"Maybe I can find a way in his dorm! If I can find a way, maybe i can find something that tells me which is his storage unit number!" I exclaim excitedly, this was a thrilling thing to do. Do find a murderer, this will be in the news once he's caught! "How will you get in though?" I hate the flaws thhough, how was I going to get in? Maybe y/n Can help me. I obviously can't tell her yet once I've gotten the evidence to show her but maybe I can come with her to his dorm? "Y/n! I need y/n in order to get in. Maybe we can all have a hang out session..." flynn shakes his head. "Don't include me, I don't want any part in this." I nodded, It might be best if he wasn't involved. To protect him from that bastard so he isn't dead. I don't need another murder victim. "That'd be best, maybe davis can accompany me?" He shakes his head once again and I scoff. "I think you should go alone with y/n and owen. That way you don't put another person in danger." He doesn't understand! Bringing another person would bring less suspicion on me. "Less suspicion though!" I say but he raises his hands in defense and sighs. "Do it your way. I'm not planning with you anymore. I don't want to die, I'm sorry but your on your own on this." I guess i really was alone in this. Risking my life for y/n's safety cause I don't know if he was going to kill her. Maybe he's that coldhearted...maybe...

(Owen's pov)

I sneak around the house and see a window is slightly ajar. I open it wider and slip inside and looked around. Posters were on the walls and pink carpet. I see a nice bed and tv. This was the daughters room. I crouch and look around and glance around the corner. I hear talking not to far. It was still mumbles though. I sneak out of the girls room and walk quietly through the halls, I mean around the corner I see the girl stand up and walk towards where i was. I swiftly walk off quietly and see a closet, opening it and jumping inside and shutting it quietly. I hear footsteps and hear the door click, the girl shut it completely. I sigh softly and reach for the door knob and hear doc and his wife walk down the hall. "Ill have to admit him. He's not stable! He's...He's schizo Barbra!" He says right outside the door. "I get it sweety, but he sounds so love struck. He's in his own little world. There's a mental illness on this let me check..." i hear footsteps walking off towards the kitchen. I slowly open the door and I look both ways. I sneak towards the kitchen, this was such a huge risk but I was willing to take it. I mean around and see that they were standing there as the woman was looking through her phone. "Obsessive love disorder." She said, causing doc to laugh. "I'm serious, and it can be treated with antipsychotics." How can she diagnose me with such things, love is love. "It can also be obsessive compulsive." She shrugs and puts her phone down. "Either way, the doctors there will diagnose him. Ill let him know that he will be admitted to the hospital for help." Something triggers in my brain, protection. I need to protect me and y/n and our love. I can't be away from her. I can't go back to that place, not like last time his they treated me. I can't go another round of antipsychotics being practically forced down my throat. It was a terrible hospital to be admitted to. I couldn't check myself out. They told me I was too young to check myself out. I can't go back. I just can't.
They start walking towards me and I rush quietly back to the closet I hid in before. "Mom dad! I'm going to bed!" The girl yelled. "Night Andy! Love you sweetheart!" She yelled I love you back and shuts her door. I had to get rid of them, doc knows too much. He knows I've killed people. He might even call the police on me when I get out! I can't let that happen. I heard footsteps walking past me and I open the door slightly and I see them heading to what seems to be their room. I get out if the closet and shut it and walk quietly to the kitchen, taking the sharpest and biggest knife.
'Do it.' A voice echoes in my head. 'Do it.' They echo in my head as they tempted me to do it more and more. My heart raced loudly in my ears as I hold the knife in my hand. All of this will be over. Another trace of knowledge of me will be erased. I turned around and walked through the darkness of the house, tip toeing through the halls. 'My mask!' A thought screams in my brain but it wasn't clicking well. Where was I going to find a mask in this house? If I leave a survivor they will report me to the police and I'll be over! I check my pockets and it wasn't there. I wasnt planning on this tonight. So I didn't bring it. I didn't think I'd need it but now I need it more then ever. But where will I hide the bodies?! The police will find them. I went to the bathroom and looked around I used my phone flashlight and looked through the drawers. I then stumbled upon a few doctors masks. These will do. I put one on and snuck out of the bathroom. Maybe his wife was a doctor that's why she had these masks in the bathroom...thanks barbra, you made life easier for me. I snuck into their room, they were sleeping next to each other. Sleeping peacefully but not for long. I'm sorry doc, you've tried to help me but I'm beyond fixing. You know too much. I'm stupid for telling you all that stuff. I'm stupid. Stupid stupid...stupid.

(Chloe's pov)

Since I'm on my own on this, I left flynn's dorm and start walking back to my own. As I'm walking, I bump shoulders with someone by accident. "Oh my God I'm sorry!" The girl looks at me, it was the same girl I saw sitting on the bench as i was walking to flynn's dorm. "Oh hey!" I greeted kindly to her and she smiled back at me, looking around and looks back at me. "Give me a call. I need to speak to you." She slips something in my pocket and leaves me standing there. I raise a brow and watch her walking away from me. I pull out the paper and saw her number scribbled on there saying call me. Odd.

(Owen's pov)

I stood beside his side of the bed as I'm gripping the knife in my hand. I wasnt enraged at him but enraged with myself. For being stupid and trusting him so much as to tell him that i killed people. Or killed someone. But this will be the second person I've killed as owen.
I take the knife and hold it close to his throat. The blade touches his skin slightly, his eyes began opening he didn't seem sure what was happening but he soon bolted up and I shoved him back down and slicing his throat before he was even about to scream or speak. His wife woke up and looked at her husband, dead in bed she screamed in horror. I jumped over his body in a panic, I grabbed her hair and pulled her out of bed and straddled her before she could run off. I raised the knife and stabbed her multiple times in the chest, blood splattered on my face. "Mom, dad?" 'No...please...' I slowly turned around and stood up and put my hands up as I saw her turn the lights on and her eyes tear up and scream. "SHHHHHH!" I tried hushing her, walking closer she walked back and her back hit the wall. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" She dropped to her knees as she stared at her dead parents. "Please look at me, please please!" I ask as my voice started shaking, it hurt me to see a child seeing this. No child should ever be exposed to such horrors. I would be horrified, but I've been through too much to feel empathy. Yet it pains me to see her, I was trying to feel her pain. I really was. But I'm only mimicking her actions of horror. It's all I can do. But I'm scared for myself, I wasn't scared for her.
She looked at me with red eyes filled with tears and sorrow. "You...you kill...you killed..." She stuttered and hicupped out those words which made me more panicked. I understand she was in pain and seeing this was horrifying. But I was thinking about myself while mimicking what a normal person would do. "I know, and I'm sorry you had to see this." I hugged her and she hugged me back weirdly and cried in my shoulder. She needed comforting. "I'm sorry, but hey...good news, you'll be able to see them again..." She tried to let go but I wouldn't let her. Tears escaped my eyes as I'm slowly feeling her pain radiating off to me. In this moment I felt what it was like to feel human. Feeling this girls sorrow pained me. I felt empathy for the first time. "I'm sorry." Her body fell limp in my arms, holding her body in my arms. I laid her softly on the floor. I heard the sirens in the distance and I ran out of the house and to my motorcycle and rushed out of the neighborhood and back to the college. Police drove past me. I took off the mask and threw it away. I took a sharp turn. My phone was dinging with notifications but I ignored them. I killed a teenager. I never killed a child. I promised myself I would never. I felt empathy. I never felt that in my life. They were real tears. This is what crying feels like. When I hugged her I felt her pain.
"Oh my God I killed a child..."