Epiphany

After that horrible day of watching helpless animals get sliced to death, I sat in the deadheads, weaving a crown of flowers and grass.
There was a rustle behind me, causing me to freeze.
"Thought I might find you here" The all-too-familiar British accent drifted towards me.
"Oh, Newt. Hey" I continued my crown as he sat next to me.
"I'm no genius, but I'm guessing you don't wont to be a slicer?" He said sarcastically.
"No duh, shank" I roll my eyes playfully, laughing a little. A wide grin appeared on Newt's face.
"You bloody used glader slang! I'm so proud!" He wiped a fake tear from his eye in mock pride.
"Shut up!" I laugh, slapping have shoulder softly.
"I am though! I taught you well" he nodded.
"You taught me nothing" I retorted. He laughed.
"Whatcha making there?" Newt suddenly noticed I was doing something.
"Oh, making a flower crown." I weave the last strand of grass in, and hold it up. "See?"
"Ah" He takes it from me and stares at it before placing it on his head.
"Now I can be a real princess!" He says girlishly before getting up and prancing about.
"You're such a child" I laugh loudly, chasing after him.
We spent the next hour chasing each other, weaving through the dense forest, laughing.
"Hahaha ok...I need to get going. As second in command, I need to be responsible" I puffs out his chest and gets a serious look on his face.
"It's hard to look responsible with a flower crown on your head." I giggle.
He laughs also and takes it off, placing it on my head.
"You're right. You wear it, it suits you better anyway" He puts it on my head looking straight into my eyes.
I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks. Newt smiled and look away, scratching the back of his neck,

It was in that moment, that I realized something.
Something wonderfully amazing, yet painstakingly familiar.

"Uh, well, I have to go. By the way you guys are doing builders tomorrow. Gally's the keeper so...be careful, yea?" He shoves his hands in his pockets and looks down. I nod, even though he can't see.
"So, well, goodnight." He waves awkwardly and smiles.
"Goodnight" I say softly.
I watch as Newt disappeared through the trees of the forest, leaving me alone.
I sat on the ground, taking the crown off my head as examining it. I sigh and bite my lip, arguing with myself.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

There's no denying it.

I just got here though, how could it be possible?

Anything's possible.

But...

Admit it.

No! It's not true...

Violet, face it.

I can't...I won't...
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I stand, reaching my conclusion.
Whether I like it or not.
Whether I want to it not.

I have a crush on Newt.

|•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••|

Can we just take a moment to recognize the amazingness of Dylan O'Brien? I'm sorry for not updating recently, vacation for me is more hectic than school. Also, sorry for this filler. it's boring, and you already knew she liked Newt, so it's a waste. I actually have writers block right now, I just can't think of any ideas. Next chapter may not come that soon, sorry.