Becoming Closer to Nightmare

Nightmare lightly takes my hand, I sit him down on my bed then say "wait here I'll be right back" he nods his skull I then turn and walk out of my room. I silently walk downstairs and check to make sure no one else is downstairs. I quickly walk into the kitchen and grab a few snacks and two water bottles then I quickly walk back upstairs. I walk into my room and see Nightmare laying down on my bed. I lock the door so that no one can walk in. He sits up as I walk over to him, I sit down and sit the snacks and drinks down. I turn to him and say "start when you want to" as I slowly take his hands. He takes a long breath then breaths out. "I'm the king of Nightmares and Negativity" he says looking away. "That explains why you came into my room" I say with a small fake smile. "Heh yah sorry for coming into your room without permission" he says as he looks back at me when he says that. I nod for him to continue, "let me say something" he says as he moves one of his hands. "When I tell you what's been bothering me you tell me what's bothering ya" he says as he lightly puts his hand on my cheek. I look away and think about it for a bit then say "f-fine", he smiles then moves both of his hands and leans back on his hands. "My brother Dream he is the king of Dreams and Positivity" he says Dream with hatred in his voice. "My brother got shown love by everyone, but me..." he trails off looking away, I lightly put one of my hands on his skull. He looks at me surprised then I see a bit of dark purple come to his skull. He looks away but he puts one of his hands on mine. "Why do you care so much?" He asks looking at me, I smile a real smile then say "cause everyone deserves a second chance" I say calmly with a closed eye smile. I reopen my eyes and I see Nightmare crying. "Nononononoimsorryimsorryimsorry" I say quickly regretting marking him cry. "N-no it's f-fine" he says quickly wiping the tears away, he then put one of his hands on my cheek then says "I'm just not use to people caring about me" he says looks away and slightly putting his skull down. I lightly put one of my hands on his cheek, he then lifts his skull up and looks at me. I then say "nor am I" Nightmare looks at me surprised. He then gives me a small real smile with no insanity in it. I give him a real smile back, I nod showing him to continue. He takes a deep breath then says "well all the monsters and humans in my universe hated me" he looks down then continues, "the villagers hated me cause I was the king of negativity, me and my brother had to protect the tree spirt our mother, I got sick and tired of monsters and humans loving my brother and his apples, so I decided to try and take care of one of my brothers apples, to prove to them that I can be good, but when I took it off the tree it became corrupted, the villagers bullying became worse and worse, I had enough and I took one of my apples out of panic and I ate it, so that I would be able to live from them beating me, I was filled with pain but then it went away and I felt stronger, I wanted more of that power so I ate all the apples even my brothers I corrupted them before eating them, but when I finished and ate all the apples a wave of pain hit me and I started to cough up black goop, then these tentacles came out of my back and I felt so much fear around me, I felt so strong I wasn't afraid of them anymore, I.... killed everyone there, I killed our mother and I turned my brother to stone." He started to lightly cry most likely assuming that I would hate him. I lightly wrapped my arms around his neck, he looked at me surprised then he slowly wrapped his arms around my waist. He pulled me closer and before I knew it I was on his lap. I felt my face heat up quickly, "heh Fell was right" he said as he interlocked his fingers around my waist. "You are cute when ya blush" I quickly burry my face into the crook of his neck. Nightmare started to lean back slowly taking me with me, "your turn" he says as he pulls me closer to him. I sigh then say "my mom died giving birth to me because of blood lost, my father hated me for that so I grew up without knowing what love felt like, I had to lean how to take care of myself all by myself, I didn't go to school cause my father didn't care what happened to me, I learned some things from a friend of mine and they homeschooled me, but something changed when my father brought over his friends, one of his friends walked up to me and before I could react I was off the ground loosing oxygen, I look at my father for help but all he did.was.laugh, that's when everything changed, my father started to beat me daily it was up first just hitting me with his hand and throwing me to the ground, but then in became worse to where he would chuck knifes and glass at me, he made me call him master and if I didn't he would have a fun time, but when I turned 11 I packed anything I could into a small bag and ran and never looked back." I was crying into Nightmares chest as he lightly petted my hair calming me down. I took deep breaths then looked up at Nightmare, he looked down at me then kissed my forehead. I felt my face heat up then I buried my face into his chest. "Hehe get some sleep" Nightmare says as he lightly rests his skull on top of my head. "Will you be here when I wake up?" I ask resting my head on his chest, "yes" he says calmly and pulls me closer to him.
"Thank you Nightmare" I say truly happy, "anytime My Queen" I then fall asleep with a bit of blush on my face from the nickname.