New Home, Part 4 (S1)

Jays' POV:

All I was able to think now was to get this damn hand on ice and fast!
Maybe Zane could give me some with his ice shurikens? No, maybe that's a bad idea, that could get my hand deep-frozen.

Nya and Kai were sitting at the table, looking at me worriedly since I hadn't moved a muscle, just kept holding my hand.

"Jay is your hand alright? Maybe you should let Sensei Wu to take a look at it."
But then once again,
Cole came to my "rescue".

"Come on Jay, let's go put some ice on that hand of yours!" He gestured and smiled at me.
"Or are you still mad that I misunderstood you being ready? "

I shook my head as to push my thoughts away, from that beautiful girl more deeper in my mind, and looked at him.

"No Cole, I'm not mad at you since I know I will smack you ten times harder when we train next time." I grinned at him and we laughed together loudly while he gently hit my arm with his huge fist. I winced from the pain, but smiled nevertheless.

We got a big bag of ice, wrapped it around a towel and I sat on the table, trying to catch up with what everybody was talking about.

Sensei had started telling Nya about his brother Lord Garmadon, about their father; The First Spinjitzu Master, and the golden weapons.
Kai listened to the story very intensively although he had heard it before. He had a very serious look on his face. He looked ready. He was the type of guy who didn't hesitate to defend what was right. He was an excellent ninja in the making.
Even Nya was listening with very much concentration, nodding, as to let Sensei know she understood. The siblings were very fierce.

I found myself staring at her again.
Too long, too tense.

With a load of willpower, I was able to turn my face away from her and decided that the best way of trying to avoid getting stuck on her beautiful appearance, was to stare at the small painting on the wall behind her and her brother.

I had a feeling she would really make my life hard living with her. I really didn't want to scare her with my staring. But I couldn't help it, I wanted to see that beautiful face again and again. Memorize every detail of it.
I played with my food, fork on my hand, but couldn't take a bite.

"Nya we have some few things around here in our base that would need to be taken care of. We need somebody to build some vehicles, mechs, trainee equipment while the ninja is training. Since you had a blacksmith shop, I suppose you can work with tools?" Sensei started.
" First what we need is a new sparring robot. Jay has been working on it now, but I need him to focus fully on his ninja training. Do you think you could help us? " Sensei asked from her.

"Yes, I know a thing or two. And I like building and inventing stuff." I heard her sweet voice across the table.

"You should have seen her in our shop Sensei. She wanted to modify the samurai helmets to new forms and make new kinds of weapons. What was that...."

I couldn't hear the rest Kai was saying as I daydreamed;
I mean, who is this beautiful girl, really?

She was one of a kind, if she liked inventing and working with tools.
She sounded awesome.
Too good to be true.

I lifted my head from my plate and damn...her eyes were glistening and her smile was enchanting as she enthusiastically explained her ideas.

"That's wonderful! You can start as soon as you have settled in and Jay will lend his helping hand to get you started, right Jay?" Sensei asked, but I was still deeply daydreaming.

"Jay!?" Sensei said, a bit more demanding.

"Mm y-yes! sure Sensei!" I moved my head to Wu, as he cut me from my dreams, so fast that I almost fell off my chair.
The others watched as I tottered and took a grip of the table, to not to fall. This really wasn't my day.
I continued looking at the walls again, burning holes in them with my eyes, so her face wouldn't get to me anymore.