The Second Date, Part 3 (S2)

After staying up in the sun for a while, our clothes were dry enough to continue walking around the Megamonster park. We just made rounds, not really interested to go on any rides anymore. Our still wet sneakers creaked against hot tarmac as we finally came from behind a large hedgerow to a square where the legendary MegaRoller coaster stood.

That ride that had became so significant object in our releationship. In that ride it had all started; from our confessions, of not being honest to eachother, to when she had kissed me. Even when covered with green scales, sharp teeth and slipt tongue, she had still wanted to kiss my cheek. Although later admitting that it had felt a little weird with my snake appearance, but still at the same time right.

And as an outcome of the kiss I had found my true potential, coming more terms in accepting myself as I was. She liked me just the way I was. That was all I could had asked for. And now she was here with me. Spending a lovely day just two of us, together. This was a true, blissful moment to me. A sweet memory of happy moments that would stay on my mind. Possibly forever.

Our steps had unthinkingly slowed down as both of us glanced up at the  big roller coaster. People riding on it screamed from joy, holding their hands up. But for us it had been a threatening experience.
  We had been fighting for our lives, to get Nya out of it, before the track would end and the fiery ring would parch us. We hadn't been screaming from joy but from fear.

At first, for few seconds, it had been hard to accept her words. That I could actually be just myself, that she would like me just as I was. I wouldn't need to try to impress her by trying to be something I was not.
  And as her soft lips had touched my cheek, I had accepted it. A strong awareness, that as myself: the witty, nerdy, romantic tinkerer and a simple junky yard kid could save her from this danger. 

And I was enough for her as I was.
I was enough.

I felt Nya's warm arms wrap around my own as she anxiously stared at the ride. I turned my head down towards her temple, smelling the sweet scent of cherryblossoms. I closed my eyes, inhaling her sweet smell and warmth of her skin. I placed my other hand gently around hers and without a word, we serenely walked pass the ride.

"Hey." I whispered gently and with a low tone on her ear. Making her tremble slightly around me, glancing slowly up, to meet my face.
"Let's go get you that dragon."

She just smiled back and said huskily.
"Okay, let's go."

We came to the stand that had the claw crane machine she had eyed before. The glass booth filled with dragon plushies. I inserted a Ninja stud* fast to the machine, before Nya could complain of me using more money again on her, and started guiding the claw.
"So a red one was it. Are you sure you don't want a blue one?" I winked at her. She sniggered and gently nudged my side.

"Okay okay, red one it is." I grinned as the crane came to a stop and started descending down towards the toys. But as always, in these games the idea was actually to take the players money instead of giving a prize, the claw was designed to be weak, easily letting the toy fall back down. And so it did on the first try.

I put another stud in, and then another, and another. After the fourth attempt my nerves were cracking and Nya looked at me with pleading eyes.

"This f...ricking machine!!" I wrenched the knob of the machine frantically.
"Hey! Don't break it!" The vendor called to us looking worried and crossing his arms.

"Sorry..." I mumbled back at him. I directed my face down, dissapointed.

"Jay it's really okay. I can leave without that plushie." Nya said now with a calming voice.