New Home, Part 5 (S1)

The next morning, Monastery of Spinjitzu

Jays POV:

I hadn't slept very well which made me a little irritated this morning.
   I was sitting on a breakfast table, eating some cereals. My hair was messy, I hadn't had energy yet to fix it (Not that I really styled it too much though. A little touch with the brush and that was all that I felt it needed. I liked the 'little messy and tousled' style)
I wished I had thought, because, at that same moment, Nya entered the room with his brother. They were laughing about something.

I glanced at her lips when they curved on a smile. Yeah, that was the sight, which had kept me awake last night.
And now I was all groggy and looked like a mess.
Jay, a joker of the team, had it bad.
Like Cole had said.

"Morning dude! Wow! Your hair looks like mine, except mine, looks good like that." Kai walked behind me and rubbed my hair, which was sticking in every possible direction. I laughed back at him with a tedious smile.
Let the joker get loose then.

"Well, some of us look more fresh from the face in the morning. You might wanna wipe off that toothpaste...or are you an Elemental Master of Fresh breath?" I grinned at him.

Kai shook his head while wiping the paste from his cheek. And for my pleasure, I heard Nya snickering at my joke as well.

"Kai told me that you are the funny one." She smiled at me.

"He is right and I take full credit of it," I said very conceitedly. Placing my arms behind my neck and leaning back.
Yay! She actually laughed at my joke!

The rest of the team gathered around the table and a lively chatter filled the room.

"So you are going to show Nya your workshop?" Kai leaned more closer, looking at me from across the table. Before I got to answer, my loudmouthed friend made me embarrassed, again.

"Jay knows how to build anything from everything! He has been raised in a junky yard, working with his father." He placed his hand on my shoulder.

I looked back at him.
The way that I was gonna kill him later.

I gritted my teeth.
"You know. That thing that I said about whooping you ten times harder. I take it back, let's make it a hundred times harder." I told him, pissed.

"Jay's a little insecure about his childhood home." Zane jumped into the conversation.

Yeah, thanks for you too...now Nya will not give me a second glance anymore.

But then she interrupted the conversation, making me feel a little less embarrassed.
"It probably makes you very resourceful. I'm sure you have a lot of good tricks and ideas up in your sleeve. I would love to hear them when we are in the garage."
I gave her back a nervous smile and a nod.

As the conversation changed to another subject I was glad nobody saw when Cole punched me with his elbow on my arm and grinned.
How am I ever gonna survive from this day?

Nyas POV:

After breakfast, everybody got up from the table and went on their way, to their own chores. Except for the Master of lightning, who had stayed still standing by the table, just looking at me.
He looks unsure...and shy?

As I realized he was not gonna say anything, I understood that it was up to me that we would get into the workshop.
"So...should we?"
I asked, wondering from the ninja, whose mouth was a little agape.

"S-sure." He closed his mouth and laughed touching his neck.

"I hope you don't mind, it's a bit messy, I haven't had time to organize there."
I shook my hand to let him know it was fine as he guided me out of the kitchen.