CHAPTER 9

"what's wrong with Chi? sobrang tahimik naman ata ngayon? though he's literally being like that dati pa." saad nitong kaibigan niya.

I look at Chimon and yes, he's right. kanina pa tahimik si Chimon at hindi man lang gaanong nag sasalita, kung minsan pa nakatulala.

"Chi" pag tawag ko rito. but there's no response so I keep calling him. "Chi"

I called him thrice but he still didn't moved his head, nakatingin parin sya sa pag kain nya na hindi nya pa nagagalaw.

"Chimon pokemon" I called and then there is, I caught his attention.

"what the fuck?!" pag mumura nito bago ako tarayan.

"are you alright?" I asked

tumango lang ito at nag patuloy lang sa pagkain.

we're heading on our last subject and Chimon still in of his shell. his friends told me that maybe Chimon isn't feeling well and just be like that. they even suggested that I could drive him off to his dorm which I agree.

As soon as the class ended, kinuha ko na si Chimon and make our way out. hindi man lang nito namalayan na nasa tapat na kami ng motor.

"babe, we're already at the parking lot." I say and he just look around before he sigh. "what were you thinking huh? you can tell me if you want." saad ko at nilagyan na ito ng helmet sa ulo.

"hindi ito nag salita kaya I gave him pat on the top of the helmet at sumakay na kami sa motor.

habang nag mamaneho ako ramdam ko ang pag pulupot ng kamay ni Chimon sa bewang ko at pati ang pag lagay nya ng ulo sa likod ko.

yeah, I'm right,  something's bothering him. I drive calmly para naman kumalma rin utak niya o kung anuman bumabagabag sa isip at damdamin niya.

maya-maya pa ay naka-rating narin kami sa bahay niya. bumaba na ito at tinanggal ang helmet at ibinigay sakin. bumaba rin ako saglit at hinarap siya.

"are you ok now?" tanong ko at tinignan ang mukha nito. he also look at me that make me feel flustered.

"can't say" sagot niya bago susian ang dorm nito. tinignan ko lang ito and wait for him to enter his own room bago pa ako umalis.

but as he open his dorm, he look at me  and give me a puzzle look. "ayaw mo pumasok?" takang tanong nito.

"can I?" I asked him back and he nodded.

pumasok na kaming dalawa and Chimon excuse himself to change his clothes kaya nag masid masid muna ako rito.

his room is neat. sobrang linis at ayos compared sa room ko na medyo magulo. and it's cozy and comfortable like him.

as he's done, he's now holding a two cups of coffee. he gave one to me and the other one for him. kumuha rin siya ng snacks and we both sit on his couch.

minutes passed before Chimon broke the silence.

"sorry for being out earlier. it just that, I wasn't on my mind."

"no, that's totally fine. you know? everyone have problems too and them being quiet is normal. so you're normal." pag a-assure ko rito.

he shook his head and drink his coffee.

"you know, I have family who have businesses. now that they're on abroad doing their business they messaged me earlier."  pag sisimula ni Chimon kaya nakinig nalang muna ako.

"and mom said that they arranged marriage me without my permission."

I am shocked of what he had said right now. It hurts too. I can't tell what I really feel. parang may something sa akin na hindi ko malaman kung ano. So I just stared at Chimon and he's looking at me too.

I know that I look stunt and can't able to speak. well it's too sudden.

"and I don't like it. I said that I won't get married just for business. but they can't understand." he said with frustration. kahit ako dama ko ang paghihirap at pagkagulo nito.

I don't want him to get married. I'm sincerely sorry to his family but I wouldn't hold back. fuck the dare, I'll be serious on this on. on Chimon.

"they even said na it'll help me find my love when it's not. how can I love someone I don't know? it doesn't make sense."

I agreed with him by nodding my head. paano nga ba? sobrang hirap. for me it's hard kasi hindi ko naman danas. my feelings isn't something like a film of love, it's something that I feel truly to someone. and that someone is Chimon.

it's not just about the slow motion thingy that happened, but it was my heart beating just for him. my mind that keeps on thinking and imagining things with him. I fell not because of his looks, I fell because it's him and his inner self.

and comparing my love for him to someone he'll get married with, which will never happen, it'll be hard for him to love that person nor the person he'll be with.

I look at him and saw that he's having a hard time.

'I won't let you go now that I know you.'

I'll deal with my friends about the dare. I can't hurt this precious one in front of me. parang wawasakin puso ko sa nangyayari sa kaniya.

"I have a suggestion..."

he looks at confuse, wala na 'tong atrasan, I'll just ask him to be my boyfriend but still thinking if pretending or not. bahala na.

"I'll be here with you. it's not the time to confess but I might miss a chance. so here I am, confessing my feelings in front of. in front of someone I like."

I look at him in the eyes and he's looking too, but he's shock hearing those words coming out from my mouth.

"I like you since the first time we met each other. I don't know if you remember but, we bumped at each other that time. I was in rush so I bumped on you and you fall on the ground same to your things. I tried to help you but you ignored it and stand up by yourself and even lecture me to be careful even though I'm late or in a rush."

Chimon chuckles as my smile grew bigger. parang kailan lang halos kulang nalang mag move school ka para lang maiwasan ako, pero look at us now, parang kilalang-kilala na natin ang isa't-isa.

"oh yes! I remember that time."

"and since then, I can't stop following you and butting my nose on your life. I keep my self far when I follow you, it was right at first until I realized that I was stalking you so I stop."

he cleared his throat before he chuckles again. "that's fine. hindi ka lang magaling mag tago"

"and since we're here already, why won't you use me as your boyfriend so that your parents will stop forcing you to marry that person—"

Chimon cutted me off as he stare at me thoroughly. I feel like he's reading me behind my soul. his piercing eyes  was glued on my eyes that I can't help but to look away.

I scratch behind my nape and nervously say, "if it's okay to you. I won't force you nor give you heavy feelings if you turn me off—"

"sure."

I look at him confused and he shrugged it off.

"pretend you are my boyfriend in front of my parents and you can court me too."

nalito ako bigla sa sinabi niya. I can speak and understand english pero parang nabobo ata ako ngayon.

we'll be boyfriends in front of his parents and then? I can court him for real if his parents wasn't there.

tinitigan ko ito at seryoso nga ito. I can't help my self but to smile at him and we both feel shy.

"just promise me one thing" he said as he looks around but me.

"what it is?"

"don't break my heart, please."