CHAPTER 17

"What happened?"

My gaze went straight on him as he does too. Now we're staring at eaxh other and trying to get an access to transparently read us. But to no luck, we both tried our best to not to show any hidden feelings except sadness and longing.

Hurt, mad, and maybe tired are the hidden feels we both can't show. We're both fragile at this moment. Both have feelings that our fault. Can't really blame him at all, while I'm on my zone, I calmed myself well that I thought of hearing his reasons first before getting mad at him or what else to his reasons.

Looking away, I sigh as I walk beside him. We already part ways for months, pati ba naman dito lalayo pa ako.

"On the bar. You were invited to a party that your friends throw. I excused myself that I was going to a bathroom then when I came back—" I stop at my words as I look at him, he did the same too.

" And I heard it. Everything."

He look away as I said those words. A crystal water is forming on his eyes. I look away as I feel the same when my eyes get hot.

"I knew it." Saad nito. Disappointed heard on his voice. Tumingin ito sa akin at hinintay ko itong mag salita.

"Seeing you walk away without saying a words to me, I knew it." He chuckled a bit but it doesn't sound funny nor happy. instead, it sounds painful.

"That's why I did not dare to go where you have been. Just keeps on texting you and calling you, hoping for you to answer and let me hear your voice." He look away and sigh," Although I already know where you are. You moved out. I know."

I look at him. How can this man be so understanding? But what caught me off is him crying and letting his tears fall on his cheeks. He wasn't hiding it anymore. The pain sobs that he's preventing to out, it hurts too.

Shock is shown on my face when he look at me straight on the eye,  "Does the space I gave made you breath?"

The question makes me emotional. 'Yes, it is.'

Tears betrayed me as I felt it on my cheeks that being wipe by Nanon. He cupped my cheeks as he's feeling my skin. My body and nerves allowed me to lean on his touch.

Oh, I miss this.

"I'm sorry."

It just so simple yet the sincerity is there. It so genuine and honest. An assurance that's also can be heard, a hope that maybe, maybe he still deserves.

"The dare, yes, there's a dare first. My friends challenge me to get you with the exchange of their things. At first I agreed, but while we're lasting and doing fine, I thought of backing. Pero I forgot to say it, forgot to tell them about it. And that's why they brought it up on the party, then I said what I need to and find out that you already know and walked out."

He removed his hands from my face and carefully look away from me.

"I'm really sorry, Chimon. The prizes they offered can't justify my love for you." Tumingin ulit ito sakin with a hope on his eyes. " I'm sorry for causing you too much pain, doubts, and give you insecurities. But I promise to you, you're already worth the price."

Slowly, his hands reach mine and held my hands. Intertwining our hands he move forward from me. Our body is just cintemeters far away, face were inches.

"Can you give me another chance?" Asked by him as he give us enough space but still can feel each other's breath fanning on each other's faces.

Looking at his eyes I know that we both have suffered enough and learned enough from our mistakes. As long as there's no third party or cheating involve, second chance must forgive.

As I feel the warm of our still intertwined hands, I hold onto it tightly that make him stunn. Hindi niya siguro na pansin that we're still holding hands.

As he divert his gaze, a small smile plaster on my lips as I move closer and close the gap between our lips.

Then everything went slow motion for. Though my eyes are close, I feel like the time had stopped. It just me and Nanon with a centric light.

Him looking at me bewildered at my actions while our lips are still connected and me who was still closing an eyes and just feeling the soft lips that on mine.

It was so sudden and surreal.

The moment I closed our lips gap, that's when I start to forgive and give you a second chance.

The moment I move back, that's when I let everything left on the past.

You being by my side as my present, that's enough to ask for.

The months that we've suffered-  is enough for us to let go of the bad memories and create a new one but more stronger than before.

We will still make mistakes but we were not going to do the same mistake we did.

If it's not you, then I'll be sure it'll be not me too.

Nanon, take care of my heart for real now.

I open my eyes as I let those words linger and be left on my past.

I smiled at him and nods, "Let's get married?"

Looking at his face, I can't help but to laugh. Nanon was too stunned to speak.

Nginitian ako nito nang hawakan muli nito ang aking mukha at inilapit sa kaniya.

"Thank you."

Then a pair of lips touch my forehead.

NANON'S MIND >>>

Sa bawat segundo at minuto na laging nag papakita mukha mo, lahat yun naging worth it ngayong makakapilin na ulit kita.

6 months without communication was hell. Gustong gusto kita puntahan ngunit batid kong kasalanan ko.

At the first place, it was my fault.

But now that you gave me a second chance, I won't hesitate to earn your trust again and makes everything's right.

You are the one that I could think to marry. If it's not you, then no. It'll always be you, Chi. You'll be my always number one.

As my lips touch your forehead, this is my way to say my deepest sorry. A way of respect to understand the person I am and for letting me in again with your life.

You may feel love and worth it again.

Crap it- I'll make sure you'll feel love, happy, and worth it.

You'll not regret giving me second chance.

I'm so sorry for everything. For your pain. I'm so sorry.

END OF NANON'S MIND <<<

We will make everything's right.

Another journey here we come!!