Mr. Westfield

HIII!! Guess what? I'M NOT DEAD! YAY! Anyway, I probably won't update this til Thursday, so uh, enjoy this!

Hi, I'm Mr. Westfield, the headmaster of San Francisco State. Today there is a gathering for the architecture class, where the students will bring their families and just talk and hang out, like a social. 

This is the master degree class, so most of the people here are at least 21. I walk around, making sure everything is set for tonight, and once everything is ready, I head back home to change for tonight. 

______time skip to the social_______

I stand by the door to welcome the students and their families. Suddenly a sea green Porsche pull into the parking lot, and everyone turns their heads to look and see whose car it is. 

A man with sea green eyes and messy black hair walks out of the driver seat. He's maybe in his mid-twenties. Maybe he's a sibling or something. He looks really familiar. I could've sworn I've seen him somewhere before. He goes around and opens the door to the passenger seat, and my jaw drops. 

Annabeth Jackson walks out. She's the best student in the architecture class, and has even started her own firm, but still comes for classes. She goes to the back and opens the back doors, and a little girl, maybe about 7 or 8 years old walks out, and another boy and girl walk out. They look about 3 or 4, and are clearly twins. The man and Annabeth each pick up one of the twins, and Annabeth takes the hand of the oldest child. 

They walk up to me. I don't want to seem rude, so I don't ask questions. "Okay, Annabeth. It's right inside." She thanks me, and walks in. 

I recall that a lot of boys at school always try to ask her out, but she declines, saying she's in a relationship. Maybe the man is her boyfriend. I shrug, and welcome the next family. 

_____time skip to later in the night_______

"Okay, everyone! And now a speech from our top student, Annabeth Jackson!" I announce. Everyone claps, and Annabeth walks up to the stage. 

She taps the mic. "Uh, hi, everyone. I'm Annabeth Jackson. I'm currently 25, almost 26 years old, and I am, as Headmaster said, the top student." She talks about her new architecture ideas and just introduces her new firm to everyone. "And I have one last thing to say. I'm not going to be in school anymore after today, because, one, Olympian Architecture has an investor now, and I think I need to focus more on work now, two, I'm moving to New York, and three, Percy and I are expecting kid number 4!" Everyone gasps, including me. 

Questions start flying out. At the end of the whole impromptu Q&A session, I find out that Percy and Annabeth have been married for 7 years, and they've been dating since they were 16, and best friends since they were 12. They are moving back to New York to be close to family, apparently. 

After the social, I go up to talk to Annabeth. 

"Annabeth, you were a wonderful student, and we're all going to miss you." I smile at her. 

"Thanks, Headmaster. I might come back and visit, but after Ethan's born." She pats her belly. 

I look behind her. "May I ask, how do you know what you're going to name your kid already?" 

Annabeth's eyes are suddenly stormy and distant. "Percy and I were in two wars. We had a lot of friends die in them." Percy walks over and rubs her back, and her eyes return back to normal. 

"Percy, I assume you'll take good care of Annabeth." I nod at him. 

He grins at me. "Of course. When we were 17 we vowed to never leave each other again, not after the time I went missing for 8 months." I blink. 

"It's a long story. But if he had never went missing, we would've never met our friends Frank and Hazel." Annabeth smiles. 

Zoe runs up to Annabeth and Percy. "Mommy, Daddy, I think Charles is asleep." Percy jumps up, and runs to get the twins, while Zoe stays with Annabeth. 

I look down at Zoe. "Take good care of your mom, okay?" She nods. I look back up at Annabeth. 

"If it hadn't been for you, I'd probably have never realized how much I don't know about my students." She smiles. 

"No problem." Just then, Percy comes back, with a sleeping Charles on his shoulder and Bianca walking next to him. 

"Alright, we should go now." I smile. 

"Take care, you two." I wave to them, and they get in their car and leave. 

After meeting them, I made an effort to get to know my students better. After I retired from being headmaster, I became a psychologist, to help kids with their issues. And knowing my students really helped. 

That's how I met Percabeth. 

828 words...sorry it's a little shorter. I'm kind of having writer's block here, but I'll make a longer one on Thursday! Love y'all! 

~kat