Chapter Seven

Callie

The world holds many wonders. Like how the trees bloom or when the women are undeniably attractive. Especially when they're undeniably attractive. Indeed I had been avoiding Brianna for a long time but she was extremely attractive when she wasn't even trying to. 

"Ms. Lawrence." I blink from my stupor as I realize it was my time to shine. Brianna glances away from me as she walks to her seat. Damn that woman. Maybe it was time I talked to her. I had been avoiding her since I found out she was friends with Logan. 

----------

The meeting was finally over allowing me to relax a little. My eyes meet Brianna's before she quickly glances away and walks out of the conference room. "You gonna talk to her or what?" Melani questions. I glance at the woman beside me with a raised brow as if I were confused. She scoffs, "You've been giving her googly eyes since the meeting started, now go talk to her" she shoves me lightly.

I give her a small smile and stand from my chair and head towards Brianna's office. Once I got there I stood in front of her door for a hot minute. What is wrong with me? I was never really the nervous type. I lift my hand and stop mid air. What if she doesn't want to talk to me? What if I ruined my chances with her? 

"You just gonna stand there? Or are you planning on knocking?" I hear. My brain turns to mush almost immediately when I recognize who the voice belongs to. I glance to my right spotting a certain brunette. 

She offered a small smile and held up the bag in her hand. "Figured she'd be hungry by now. I didn't know you guys had a meeting today." 

I nod my head and hesitate on knocking. The brunette sighs and shakes her head as she steps closer and knocks on the door startling me. It's not too long until Brianna opens the door. Her eyes travel between the two of us before speaking up. "Logan!" she moves past me and hugs her friend.

This is awkward. 

"Hey Bri, I brought you lunch before I went to work, seems like you needed it since you just had a meeting" Logan speaks as she eyes me. I try my best to ignore her existence and focus on Brianna. 

Brianna smiles and thanks her friend before turning towards me. "Ms. Lawrence is there anything I can help you with?" she questions. Why do I feel unimportant right now? This was a very awkward moment for me.

"Hey Cal! Let's go get lunch" Melani spoke causing Logan to turn. 

Oh this is just great. As Melani gets closer she notices Logan before glancing at me. "Let's go" I rush out as I move around the two beautiful women and pull Melani away with me. 

"But I wanted to say hi" Melani groans like a child. "No, let's go" I hiss as I pull her into the elevator with me. A pang of regret settled in my heart as the doors closed and we proceeded to exit the building. 

----------

After grabbing lunch with Melani, she went to her room and quite literally crashed. I have been up since then. I pulled my phone out and went to the contacts. My finger hovered above the call button. Do I call her? 

I sigh as I just close my eyes and press the button. The phone rang and for a moment I believed that she wouldn't answer until. After what felt like forever Brianna answered causing my heart rate speed up. I place the phone against my ear. "Hello?" she answers.

I pull the phone away from my ear and hang up. 

Once I realize what just happened I can't help but to laugh. I was acting like a high school girl calling her crush for the first time. I composed myself and called back, this time she answered almost immediately as if she were waiting for me to call back.

"Callie?"

I took a few deep breaths before answering. "Hey, Brianna" I speak with a shaky breath. 

"Are you okay?" she questions causing me to laugh. "Yeah, I'm just, nervous" I answer honestly. 

"Nervous about what?" 

"Talking on the phone with you" I can't help but smile. I was finally being an adult. "And here I was thinking you were such a confident woman. And to be honest I was a little nervous too when you called the first time." 

Hearing her voice causes my smile to grow. "So how are you? How's your day been?"

"My day has been exceptionally well, I'm out for drinks and I would love for you to join me" she answers. "Of course, text me the address, I'll be there shortly." Once we hang up I find myself rushing to get into a more comfortable but fancy outfit. 

----------

"You look amazing" Brianna smiles as I approach her. She was seated at the bar with a glass of scotch. She was dressed in her clothes from the meeting consisting of a pencil skirt and a button down shirt, which complimented her curves.

"I would say the same about you, but I'm sure you already knew that" I smile as I take a seat beside her. "Oh yeah, I remember how you were staring at me during the meeting. I could practically feel your eyes undress me" she jokes placing her hand on my thigh. 

I order a drink as we settle into a conversation about any and everything possible.

"No! Batman was originally with Wonder woman and Superman was with Lois Lane" I spit as I take a sip of my gin and juice.

Brianna rolls her eyes, "Well, Batman looks better with Catwoman or Talia and Wonder woman and Superman match! They're goals."

We can't help but to laugh at the conversation, "And speaking of DC are we coming to conclusion that Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy make a pretty hot couple?" 

"Oh yes" I agree. The bartender was a few feet away from us shaking his head in amusement of our conversation. Was it really love if you couldn't argue about the fictional world? 

"This dress is doing you so much justice," Brianna whispered before leaning in her eyes glancing down at my lips, "but I bet you'd look so much better without it."

I raise my brows and lean in, pressing my lips against hers. It felt so right but yet so wrong. Her tongue slipped between my lips and for a moment I wish we had done this sooner. I open my eyes and pull her closer into me, spotting a certain figure just behind Brianna. 

Almost immediately her eyes meet mine causing me to groan internally. Was she always going to be around? Because quite frankly I rather not see her at all.