Chapter Eight

Logan

Why couldn't things go back to normal? Like me not worrying if my mom was or wasn't screwing my friends! Ugh! I hate this.

Why did I even care? 

"What's got you in your head O'Brien?" I hear and turn spotting a concerned Lexi. I smile and shake my head, "Nothing really. Just waiting to go on break."

"I've known you for 3 years, girl. Don't lie to me, what's really going on?"

Do I tell her about Callie or do I say something else?

"The truth" Lexi spits as if she can read my mind. I sigh and lean against the counter. This was going to be awkward if we ever see Callie again, together. 

"I don't like Callie. She's just not good enough for Bri, you know" I lie. I couldn't tell her the truth about my past. I came to New York to escape my past not to run back to it. She raises her brows and sighs "I don't know what you're seeing. They've been kind of going out for a week now and I think they make a cute couple despite the age gap. Maybe you're just used to Bri being single and having all her attention."

I sigh and shrug my shoulders, "Yeah maybe." 

Or maybe I was still in love with Callie and it hurt me to see her with someone else romantically. 

The bell on the door rang as a figure entered the restaurant. Lexi and I turned to glance at the person. "Logan, hey! I've been calling you" the red head smiles as she wraps me in her arms. 

Once she pulls back I'm able to exit the shocked stage, "Ari! Oh my god you're back in town? How was Utah?"

Lexi rolls her eyes and tends to her business. They never really liked each other much. "Utah was Utah. I missed my favorite Logan" she chuckles. We hear the bells again and in comes Elliot. I can't help the smile that spreads across my lips.

My favorite two people were back in New York. "You know Ari, maybe you can warn me before you just run out of the car" Elliot sighed. He was now on side of us and a bit taller than I remember. Before he can speak my arms are around his neck, squeezing tightly. 

"Hey to you too, pumpkin." I laugh and pull away, "I get off in 2 hours you guys mind waiting?"

Ari and Elliot smile, "Of course, we're starving anyways so come serve us."

----------

"I don't understand how you can be friends with her" Lexi growls rather loudly. But she wanted Arielle to hear it and I don't think she cared. "If you don't like me, you can run along" Ari hissed. Elliot and I never truly understood why they disliked each other. 

"Can you two calm down? Please be civil" I speak as we arrive at my door. I unlock the door and we all enter. Claire was on the couch with Brianna... and Callie. 

"Hey... babe" I say as I stand on side of her. I glance at Callie who's eyes were on the two behind me. "Hey isn't that-" Ari was cut off when I cut my eyes at her. She zips her lips and places her hands up as if surrendering.

"Oh hey guys, we were waiting for forever" Brianna smiles. Lexi takes a seat next to my fiancee as Ari and Elliot take the love seat. 

"Why?" I question feeling a bit uneasy. 

Brianna's smile brightens as she glances at Callie before speaking, "We're going on a mini vacay!"

"We?" Lexi questions. 

"Yeah, Callie offered to take us to Miami. She's got business there anyways" Brianna says.

"Miami, Florida?" Lexi questions excitedly. Callie nods her head, "It's only for a week or two, depends on the company. Thought you guys would love to join us" her eyes snap to me. 

"Hell yeah!" Lexi spits as she glances at the rest of us. 

"I mean, I've always wanted to visit Miami" Claire smiles and glances at me for reassurance. "I don't know. Ari and Elli just got back in town" I whine.

"They can come too" Callie smiles.

Arielle glances at Callie with wide eyes. Surely Callie knew who these two were. So why was she inviting them also? "Brianna would love if you all came, so I insist."

Bullshit.

----------

In a few days we would all be heading to Miami, Florida. I don't know if I'm happy about that or nervous. More than likely this mini vacay would consist of the beach. Meaning I would see Callie in her two piece. 

"I'm jumping in the shower, wanna join?" Claire kisses my exposed shoulder and I can't help but to smile. I turn to my fiancee with a smile, "Would I?" I tease her a little as I remove my bra. Her eyes trail from my own and down to my breast as she takes her lip between her teeth. 

I smile and remove her shirt, happy she was nude underneath. "You're so beautiful" I whisper as I push her towards our restroom. "Not as much as you" she smiles. Once we make it to the restroom, I strip of any remaining clothing items as she turns on the water.

Our lips connect almost immediately and her hands reach down to squeeze my ass. I smile into the kiss and we part for a moment so we can get into the shower. Once inside our lips reconnect. 

Once her tongue slips inside my mouth a image of Callie enters my mind causing me to push my lover back. I glance around in confusion. What the hell!

"Baby are you okay?" 

"I need a drink" I sigh as I rush out the restroom. I put on jogging suit and grab the keys, leaving behind a very confused and most likely sexual frustrated fiancee.

The walk to the bar was excruciating. Mainly because under my jogging suit I was wet and completely nude. New York winds at 9pm isn't something to play with. 

"Bourbon on the rocks" I say to the bartender as I sit at the bar. I don't know how long it's been when a voice startles me.

"Shouldn't you be at home all snuggled in with your wife?"

I turn and of course, I spot Callie. She's dressed in a royal blue turtle neck and black skinny jeans with black 6 inch stiletto heels. Might I also add she looks very hot. 

"Are you stalking me Ms. Lawrence?"

The woman smirks as she takes the seat beside me. I watch her from my peripheral as she orders a drink. "You wish. I just needed to grab a drink before I headed back to my hotel."

I can't help but smile as I turn towards her, "What made you want to invite us to Miami with you?" Callie takes a sip of her whiskey and shrugs her shoulders. I take the answer and silence falls around us.

Well it only lasted for about a minute when Callie decided to speak again. "Well, I found something out a while ago before Melani and I came here and decided you should know. I don't want anything in return I just think it's better to know the truth than to feel awkward about lies."

She places a journal down on the bar between us and she takes the last sip of her drink. "You should read that, it was nice seeing you Logan" she smiles. She places money under her cup and gets up from her chair. Before she walked off she turned towards me and leaned in, placing a kiss on my forehead.

----------

A/N: Okay wow. Next chapter is more than likely going to be longer because we're going to Miami, Florida. Not in the literal sense, fiction wise. Also it was brought to my attention that Clogan and Lallie was confusing because each looked like it meant Logan x Callie so I changed it up. 

Are you #teamclaigan or #teamlallie?

Next update will be Friday May 15th.