Chapter Ten

Claire

"Oh god, Logan don't stop" I moan out as I feel myself getting closer to the edge of pleasureville. The woman did as told, and continued with her tongue and finger work. My toes curl and my back arches off the bed as my orgasm takes over. Logan slows her pace and her head comes into view. 

Her lips are swollen and her smile causes my insides to twist yet again. I grab her face and pull her into me, kissing her. The taste of myself on my fiancee arouses me a little more. "I love you Lo" I find myself smiling breathlessly at her beauty.

Her eyes find mine and she offers a smile back, "I love you too Cal..aire."

Suddenly I'm snapped from my daze as I stare at her in confusion. She ignores my gaze and goes in for another kiss, to which I deny. "Were you seriously about to call me Callie?" I spit in anger.

She sighs and removes herself from on top of me, "Babe can we not?"

"Can we not? You're the one about to call me another woman! Are you thinking about her while we're making love?" 

She glances at me her eyes wide in disbelief. I had my reasons though. You don't have sex with the woman you call your fiancee and accidentally call her someone else. Unless you were already thinking about her.

"I can't do this" she sighs as she gets up from the bed and begins to get dressed. "You can't do it? I was just called another woman!"

Did I care that I could possibly be waking up the entire penthouse? No. No I didn't fucking care!

"Well I'm sorry" she says as if that makes the situation any better.

I put on my bra and panties and stop her before she can leave the room. "Are you thinking about her? Sexually attracted to her?" 

"No and no. It was a slip of the tongue babe" she sighs and rubs her face. "No. No. Our names aren't even close."

"I'm gonna go get a drink."

"No! Why is it that every time I ask you something serious you become extremely defensive? You run off on me for hours and when you come back  I don't get an explanation. We've been together for 3 years going on 4 you would think you would tell me when something's bothering you! This running out is immature Lo, just tell me what the fuck is on your mind."

"I'm stressed okay! I'm stressed out" she yells back at me causing me to flinch a little. Logan never really yelled at me so it always startled me when she did. The confession makes my heart ache. I grab her hand and pull her back to the bed so we could talk.

"Baby, talk to me. You acting like this makes me feel like our relationship is on the brink of ending."

Logan sits on the edge of the bed and looks down at her hands. My eyes follow her every moment. From her lip biting to her fidgeting fingers. Was she about to dump me? Because I don't think I could ever live without this woman in my life. 

"Callie and I used to be... intimate with each other before I ever moved here. It's just weird for me to see her again and on top of that she's messing around with Bri" she admits. 

It was like a bomb just exploding. I knew it was something going on between them. But I didn't know it was this big. And I didn't know it would hurt this much. All I could hear in her voice was jealousy. 

Suddenly it felt as though a piece of my heart had been torn away. Was the woman I was deeply in love with... still in love with someone else.

I didn't know if this was the time to interrogate or soothe her. Or if I act like the jealous girlfriend. Instead I did none of that. "I-I'm gonna get in the shower. You should get to bed" I whisper. I can barely even call it that. I'd be surprised if she even heard me.

I didn't want my voice to betray me. I could already feel the tears make it's way to the visible eye. I couldn't let her see me like that.

----------

Ever since Logan's confession, I found it hard to sleep. So instead I went on a walk. Not exactly the safe thing to do because I don't know anything about Miami at all. But I needed it. I needed to clear my mind. 

The ringing in my phone brought me to. My eyes took in the sunrise as I fished my phone from my pocket. I glance at the caller I.D. seeing that it was my fiancee. I sigh and decide if I wanted to hear her voice right now or reject the call. 

If I were her, I'd do the latter. But I'm not. I take in a few deep breaths before answering the phone.

"Where are you?" her voice is frantic. I can't help but to smile at her worry. "Well good morning to you too" I joke instead of answering her question. 

It's as if I can hear her relax a little, hearing that I was fine. "Baby, where are you? I'll come get you. I want to talk to you. We need to talk."

I chuckle lightly as I look up at the sunrise, "Are you breaking up with me?" I question as I feel the tears leave my eyes and roll down my cheeks. There was no voice for the next few seconds and I could feel my world crumbling a little. I worked so hard to get her to be mine. To ask her to be my wife. Just to lose it all in the end.

"Why would I do that?" she questions. The question only causes more tears to escape. I sniff, "There are so many answers to that question. I don't know which one I should start with." 

"Claire are you crying?"

"No" I say between sniffs. After answering I allow a second or two to pass, "Yes."

"Baby stay where you are, I'm coming to get you."

I look around. Where was I going to go? I remain silent on the phone as I hear Logan on the other line talking to the others.

I didn't want to lose Logan. After all she is my first love. Some say first loves aren't meant to last. They're just there as a test that helps you understand what you want a lot better. 

I remember the first time I laid eyes on Logan. She was new. You could tell right off the bat. Her face was too pretty to belong to New York. I was a nervous one, I didn't approach her. I couldn't. Not to mention she was also with a blonde.

I don't know how long I had been waiting until, Logan met my side. Her hand caressed my leg, causing a string of emotions to resurface. "Remember the first time we met?" I find myself questioning. 

Logan's head snapped in my direction, her eyes meeting mine. She didn't speak, her eyes just continued to search mine. I smile a little as I glance at her hand instead. The small engagement ring reminded me of why I was so in love with her in the first place.

"Why are you so amazing?" I question as I make eye contact. The more she remained quiet the more self-conscious I became. Why wasn't she talking? Was this really it? Were we about to break up? 

"Stop thinking that. I'm not breaking up with you. Callie may have been my old fling or whatever but you, ma'am... you're then woman I want to marry. I want to have kids with you and grow old with you. You have my heart and no one else" she whispers as her eyes slowly trail to my lips.

I can't help the smile that finds its way to my lips as every word settles into my brain. I push away any other doubts and lean in to kiss my fiancee. I wasn't going to let my jealousy ruin our good time. No freaking way. Not anymore. Because she's the love of my life and I am hers.