Chapter Four

Logan

"Babe! I'm back" was heard from the living room. I pull myself from my thoughts as I walk towards the living room spotting my girlfriend. I cross my arms across my chest and lean against the door frame as I watch her peel off her heels and lean onto the couch.

Her big brown eyes glance at me, looking as tired as ever. I throw her a small smile before walking over to her. I wrap my arms around her neck and peck her lips, "You look exhausted baby." She nods her head and leans in for another coffee.

"I made you lunch, please tell me Lexi isn't coming over for the 6th time this week?"

She chuckles, "I wish I could babe, but Lexi feels comfortable here." I roll my eyes and peel myself from my lover. "She feels comfortable with you" I hiss. I turn away from her and before I could walk away her hands were on my waist.

"Logan, you're being jealous again" she chuckles lightly. 

"Not jealous, just annoyed. Lexi is here everyday. It's barely Wednesday and I've seen her like 8 times. Not including seeing her at work."

She turns me towards her, and looks up at me. "Logan."

"Claire. Seriously, she's annoying" I whine. My girlfriend can only smile  and bring my face to hers to kiss me. 

Our kiss however is ruined when Lexi bursts through the door, with Brianna on her tail. "Oh look who's here for the 100th time this week" I roll my eyes. Lexi rolls her eyes as well, "You know you love my face. You'd be crazy not to!" she jokes.

"Hey Bri" I hug the woman and ignore Lexi.

"Hey!" she replies squeezing me in the hug.

I break away from her and hit Lexi before pulling her into a hug. No matter how annoying she was, she was one of my greatest friends. 

"But anyways! I didn't come over because I wanted to bother you two. Brianna has a hot date at 8!"

I smile and congratulate the woman. "So who's the lucky woman?" Claire questions as she hands me her soda. As I'm drinking, I hear Brianna say a name I wish I could escape from.

"Callie Lawrence."

I cough on the soda as my eyes widen. Did she say what I think she said? Am I hearing correctly? 

"You okay?" Claire questions as I finally bring myself back together. I nod my head and excuse myself to the kitchen. My hand grips onto the sink as I try to take in the information that I had been given. Brianna, my friend was going to have a hot date with my ex. 

And worst of all my ex so happens to be my fucking mother!

"You sure you're okay love?" Claire questions as she rubs my back. I smile and glance at the beauty, "I'm good, it just went down the wrong pipe." I give her a hug and kiss her cheek and pull her out the kitchen with me.

"So, now that you're done dying, I think we should help poor Bri, Bri."

Brianna blushes and rolls her eyes, "I told her to meet me at the place you guys work. That way I'll feel more comfortable and not be a clumsy mess all night."

Great. And I work today. 

"Well, you'll have nothing to worry about. Lo and I will make sure your date goes successfully."

Brianna laughs, "I rather have Lo be our waitress, she's less embarrassing." I can't help but to laugh and stick my tongue out at Lexi. The blonde sticks her tongue back at me and pouts.