Chapter Twenty-Three

Callie

"Hi" the little girl smiles as she heads towards me with open arms. I gladly take the blonde into my arms with a wide grin as well. "Hey, sweetie pie. How is your day so far?"

"Today, Peter kissed me on the cheek and Lily got mad at me. And then Ms. Kane said that Lily shouldn't be mad at me because I stole her boyfriend. But Lily said she was mad at me because she likes me."

Lisa was the talkative one. She was always so welcoming and sweet, but she knew how to talk your ear off.

But you couldn't be mad or annoyed with her because her sweet eyes could make up for it.

"Wow, really? What happened after that?"

"Lily kissed me too!"

I raise my brows. It's always so amazing that when kids are young, they don't exactly care about gender. They just do whatever helps them to express themselves.

"Were you mad at her?"

Lisa shakes her head, "Lily was a better kisser than Peter. Plus Peter gave me cooties."

I chuckle at the kid and we arrive to my car. "Can we have pizza tonight?"

"Yeah!"

The girl smiles as she climbs into the passenger seat and begins putting on her seatbelt. Once I see she's strapped in, I close the door and head around to my side. As I get in, I finally notice the bandaid on Lisa's knee and feel myself grow worried.

"Hey sweetie, what happened to your leg?" I question as I examine it. Lisa covers her legs with her dress and remains quiet. I sigh. I felt as though things were happening in the adoption center I wasn't aware of.

----------

"Mommy!" Lisa's little voice travelled in the room. Her feet took her to the woman dressed in orange. Lisa wrapped her mother into a tight hug, never wishing to let her go. Unfortunately, the guards were too stingy and made the two separate.

"Today Callie's said we can have pizza!"

The blonde glances at me with raised brows as if she was just noticing my presence. I smile and allow Lisa to continue speaking with her mother.

"Is Ms. Callie taking good care of my little girl?"

Lisa nods her head. "When she puts me to bed, she sings me a song and kisses me on the forehead. Just like you used to do mommy. And when I wake up, breakfast is already made. I like it with Callie."

Eliza smiles, satisfied with her daughter's answer. The little blonde continues mumbling about everything she possibly could.

My eyes were taking in the girl. I felt whole with her. Like the missing part of me was not being able to have a child. Of course, Logan makes a huge part of me. But maybe the thing I need most, isn't a girlfriend but instead a kid. My smile grows as I watch her smile widen.

Eliza makes a movement and my eyes move to her, shock spreading in my body as she was already looking at me.

"All right, your time is up" a guard says, his sentence directed at us.

Lisa frowns as she stands to attack her mother in a hug.

Eliza stands with her daughter latched onto her neck. "I'll see you next week right?" Her hopeful eyes land on me. I smile and nod my head. Eventually their hug ends and Eliza moves closer to me.

"Thank you so much for this Callie" she smiles her hands travelling down my arms and stop at my hands.

I shake my head. It really wasn't a big deal. Plus Lisa always talked about her mom, I couldn't keep them away from each other. "I'm really grateful, you'll be taking care of her while I'm in here."

In seconds her lips are on mine. And just as fast asbit happened it was over. Soon enough the guard was escorting Lisa and I out.

----------

"Hold on, I have to tuck Lisa in" I smile.

"I feel a bit jealous that, that little kid is getting all your attention" Logan pouts. I smirk and enter the little Lisa's room. I set my phone down on the night stand and sit on the bed, with Lisa already tucked in. "What do you want to hear tonight?"

"I don't want to hear a song tonight. I want my mommy!"

I frown and rub her cheek with my thumb, "I know sweetheart. Just know your mommy is always thinking about you. She loves you very much and she wants the best for yiu always."

Lisa frowns but a small smile peaks through. "Does mommy like you?"

The question startles me. "Uh, I don't think so" I answer.

"But mommy kissed you like how Lily kissed me. And Lily said she liked me. So mommy must like you too. I hope you can be my mommy too. I like you and mommy a lot."

I smile at the young girl and place a kiss on her forehead, "Goodnight sweetie."

"Good night mama I love you."

Lisa rolls over and falls asleep, while my heart is in awe. I pick up my phone and head towards my room. Once inside my room I place the phone back to my ear. "She just called me mama" I swoon.

"Yeah I heard. Along with many other things. Like the fact she said and I quote 'But mommy kissed you like how Lily kissed me'. What's that all about?"

I smirk at her jealousy, "Oh that? Yeah, Lisa's mom kissed me. I think it was in the spur of the moment."

"Did you kiss her back?"

"Oh, no. I was too shocked to apprehend anything."

"Oh so if you weren't shocked, you totally would've kissed her back?" Logan sighs.

"No, baby. The only person I would ever dream about kissing is you. You're the only person for these lips."

"That was cute. You almost got out of trouble. I need to shower."

"Send nudes?" I joke. But I know she knew deep down I meant it. "Nope. Because someone else kissed you."

"Thats real childish Lo."

I could practically hear her rolling her eyes. I couldn't help but smile, Logan was the cutest. "Alright, I'm gonna head to bed. Lisa and I have a lot of plans for tomorrow."

"You're not staying up for me? I don't like this little girl Cal, she's stealing you from me!"

"Oh cheer up, you'll get me all to yourself in like 5 months."

"5 months is too long of a wait. I want you now!"

"Aw, sucks. Unless you want to come and visit."

"I would love that. But I can't. I have a job."

Fair enough.

"Then in 5 months you can see me. I have to go, I'm sleepy."

"I love you"

The small confession gets me every time. But I knew if I asked her to repeat herself. She'd grow shy and act as of she never said it. "I love you too, Logan."