•Chapter Twenty•

"Let's act like nothing is wrong, Ailey? For now..we don't know each other? We can solve it later on, just not now. They're too happy.." Woohyun's eyes struck with regret as his lifeless hands fell on my shoulders.

He's right. That's exactly what we have to do right now. But why do I feel like this? It was a sharp pain to hold back the tears and act like I was 'okay' in front of everyone. Everything will blow over, right? I asked myself countless times as we slowly walked back to our table. I made my way first to avoid suspicion and Woohyun followed later on.

I slid open the chair and slowly sat down with an awkward smile. "Are you feeling okay, Ailey?" Woohyun's dad kindly asked me. "Y-yes thank you." I responded as Woohyun cleared his throat and sat back down in front of me.

"I heard that Woohyun is older than our Ailey?" Mum spoke to avoid the upcoming silence. Woohyun forced a smile, "I'm not quite sure.." Woohyun's dad patted his shoulder and gave a father's chuckle, "Aigoo. This will be your clumsy oppa, he is kinder than he looks, don't you worry. He gives off an uncomfortable aura when you first meet him, but really he is as sweet as cake." My 'oppa.' Hearing his words reminded me of my first ever day at the school.

Flashback to Ailey's first day
"I glanced over and saw a boy sat in the back corner who smirked and I avoided eye contact as quickly as possible." -{Chapter one}
Flashback over

If only I knew that the boy who was sat in the corner turned out to be my boyfriend and even my future 'step-brother.' Would I of changed my mind on things in the past if I was aware of the situation right now? I-

"Ailey..Ailey-ah. Honey, what do you want to eat?" Mum pulled me from my wandering thoughts as I realised how violent I was tugging on the table cloth. "Um-um..spaghetti..?" Was the first thing I could think of. The waiter looked at me with confusion. Yes, I am aware that this is an Italian restaurant which sells plenty of spaghetti.

"Looks like Ailey is as ditzy as Woohyun, you must get a lot of boys confessing to you, just like Woohyun did at his old school," Woohyun's father chuckled. DAEBAK. He had girls confessing back then?! I glanced over to Woohyun who's eyes became twice the size. Despite the whole situation, I still giggled. Woohyun's dad really knows how to make a girl laugh.

~9:40pm~

The night flew by unexpectedly, Woohyun and I didn't speak to each other unless we had to. It just wasn't right. Mum and Woohyun's father were seriously like a jigsaw, they really did match but it sounds selfish for me to oppose their relationship because Woohyun and I are together.

"So what do you think of him?" Mum turned the engine on anticipating for my response. Who? Woohyun? His father?

I just don't know anymore.