Chapter 7 - Falling

Well I haven't been a very good person have I? not updating in weeks? Terrible just terrible :(

Comment, vote, like and lemme know what you think! XD

@NasyahLoves

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7 - Falling

(Prodigy)

"You ready? Nicks?"

"Let's go get 'em"

It had been about two weeks since we had announced we were together. I'm not gonna lie, I was upset that this was only a temporary fake arrangement whilst things calmed down but a little part of me was excited to see where this would take us. This could have started a REAL relationship. Not necessarily an intimate romantic one but maybe a close friendship - at the least. We had just finished one of our dinner dates and were about to make our way back to Nicky's penthouse apartment in the city. Luckily, it was only a 10 minute drive away. Even though we had parked at the back of the restaurant, paparazzi still managed to make their way onto the scene.

"Nicky! Prod! Over here! Let's get a good one!"

I held her hand tighter as we made our way through the swarm of cameras to her car. I opened the passenger door for her, like a true gentleman would, and she gave me a weird look.

"What?" I asked.

"Why are you just standing there Prod? Get in."

This girl didn't get it.

"I'm waiting for you to get in Nicks!"

"Oh... You wanna drive?"

"Yeah, can't a guy drive his girlfriend back home?"

"No, I mean Yeah, but this is London, we drive on the other side plus-"

"Nicky, this isn't the time to be weighing the "pros and cons" of me driving. We've got a million cameras around us"

"Fine, you may drive but if you get arrested for not having a licence, it's not on me and more importantly, if you get one scratch on my baby, I will kill you and your career in a heartbeat."

"Girl, quit playing"

"Ha, who said I was playing?" she smirked.

With that, she smoothly got into the passenger seat giving me a wink as she sat down. Damn. She was definitely toying with my emotions. I wasn't sure how long I could keep this up for but I definitely knew I'd keep it going just for her.

(Nicky/Nicks)

Sh*t. A wink. Why the hell did I wink at him? I was giving him the wrong idea. I stared out the car window as we drove the streets of London. He was a good driver considering he wasn't used to driving on the left side as well as on smaller roads.

"Are you okay?" he asked as he put his hand on my upper thigh. I looked down at his hand then looked back up into his eyes. We came to a red light. We held each other's gaze before he quickly put his hand back on the steering wheel and cleared his throat.

"Ermm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

I cut him off.

"It's alright"

His eyes widened in confusion. Usually, I would have scolded him for doing something like that but given the fact I led him on slightly back in the car park of the restaurant, I let him off.

"Soo..." he said.

"Yeah?"

Talk about awkward silences.

"We still don't really know each other properly Nicky, apart from me knowing that you real name is Nicole Brookes but you prefer Nicky B. You're the oldest of 3 girls and you were born and raised here, in London."

Good memory.

"True. It's your turn now though, I told you the basics"

"Okay, real name-"

"Craig Crippen" we said in unison. We burst out laughing.

"Well, you already know my name. Errm I'm the middle kid out of three boys and I'm from Philadelphia. I knew I wanted to be a musical artist from a very young age and I love what I do"

"I already knew all that, I just wanted to hear it from you"

He grinned at my comment. We entered the garage of my apartment building.

"Would you like to come inside?"

"Yeah, sure"

~

"You're lying!"

"No! I swear, Breezy asked me for tips on how to improve his flips!"

We had been sitting on my sofa for ages just having a general chat. I had listened to his life story from when he was a child up till the present and he'd learnt about the hardships I had encountered in order to reach where I was today. We shared a lot in common, for example we had both experienced rejection - a numerous amount of times. For him, it was different scouts refusing to take him on and for me, it was multiple magazines and newspapers not too keen on my style of writing. We both knew how to persevere - we never gave up. I liked that. A man who would do whatever it took to reach their main goal.  

We spent the rest of the evening laughing, watching TV, and telling stories - like good friends were supposed to.

~

I woke up the next morning on the couch with the sunlight streaming through the windows. My body was covered in a woolly blanket I usually kept in a drawer and my head, lay on somebody's lap. I turned my head and looked up to see a handsome, dark man snoozing peacefully not making a sound. His chest raised and lowered as he took slow steady breaths. I studied his beautifully structured jaw line and his built arms which were exposed due to him wearing a fitted T-Shirt. The way his skin and features caught the light, made me realise he was an Adonis. An Adonis I was falling for.