Chapter 10 - That's When I Knew

This idea just came to me and I felt like writing it - it WAS NOT easy but I liked writing this chapter

The vote button is your bestie so don't treat it like a stranger!

@NasyahLoves

----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 10

(Nicky/Nicks)

We arrived at The Ministry of Sound in South East London. It had been a long time since I'd come here but Prodigy and the boys came here whenever they were in London.

"You and the guys come here all the time - I thought you didn't like clubbing"

"I don't, I come because they force me to. I like to chill and relax but they're all about that party life"

"Same here. I avoid coming to clubs unless I really need to."

“That's another thing we have common"

We got out of the car only to meet a hoard of paparazzi at the door. They were here to capture the event as well as anyone attending the event. Prod took my hand into his and guided us through the crowd to the entrance like he did when we were at the restaurant a few a weeks prior.

We entered to see decor inspired by AK's album cover for Girl on Fire. Guests of the listening party were standing around mingling holding glasses of wine and champagne. In the middle of the room stood a lone black baby grand Yamaha Piano which I suspected belonged to Alicia.

"You want a drink?" He asked.

"Yeah, why not?"

As soon as he left for the bar, the songstress made her way towards me. She was one of the first major stars I interviewed. Since I was a kid, she had been in my top 5 people to meet. She was my idol so you could imagine meeting her for the first time was an absolute honour and to this day, every time I met her, I'd still be in complete awe.

"Nicky! I'm glad you could make it!"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world - I, like many others, have been waiting for this album for 3 whole years!"

"I know I know but all artists have to go on a hiatus at one point in time"

"True, how's Swizz and baby Egypt?"

"Swizz is great, he's in the midst of making new music so he's still in New York and Egypt is not a baby any more the little kid is always causing trouble!"

I laughed at her comment about Egypt. Alicia was a great mother and worked very hard at it yet she still had time to make beautiful music.

"How's your new boyfriend?"

"Pardon? Oh yeah he's urmm great"

"You forgot about him! I don’t blame you, it's a new relationship don't worry it will get better soon you'll be inseparable"

"He's actually here with me tonight"

Prod walked over manoeuvring his way through the clusters of people.

"Alicia, this is my boyfriend Prodigy"

"Oh I know who he is - who doesn't? Plus we met backstage at the VMAs"

"Hello Miss Keys it's great to see you again"

"Now please welcome to the stage, Miss Alicia Keys"

The voice over announced.

"That's my cue; I'll talk to you guys later"

She walked to her gorgeous instrument and sat on the piano bench.