Chapter 12 - Just...

Chapter 12

(Blyss)

"Come on, B! We're gonna miss the plane!" Nicks shouted across to me.

Though we were flying business class, Nicky was screaming at me to hurry up so we could catch our flight to New York.

"Sh*t, Nicks if you scream any louder I'll be deaf!"

Ever since her phone call confessing her love to Prodigy, Nicky had been in her dismissive state for a long while. It usually lasted a few hours but this had lasted for days. We handed our tickets in at the gate and boarded the plane.

I sat down as Nicky filled the over head lockers with our hand luggage.

"Thanks for inviting me to come with you, Nicks. I could use a holiday"

She sat in her seat.

"It's alright plus, I needed someone to keep me company on this trip"

She stared into space looking distant. I could tell she was thinking about him.

"Is he gonna be at The Black Ball and 12.12.12?"

She sighed.

"You need to talk to him"

"Why?!"

She sat up quickly from her laid back position.

"Because in effect, that was the second time you've ditched him without reasoning"

"Blyss, you don't know jack sh*t about what or how I'm feeling right now so stop trying to be mother f*cking Teresa and leave me alone!"

She swore. TWICE in a sentence. This was bad, this was really bad.

(Princeton)

New York City! What an amazing place to be. I'd always liked this place - ever since I was younger.

We were parading the streets of SoHo checking out the stores. The cameras of the paparazzi weren't too far behind us so I had to make this as discrete as possible.

"She's coming to NYC" I whispered to Prod.

He stopped in his tracks.

"What? Why? How do you know?"

"I don't know for sure but I suspect she'll be here for The Black Ball which is tomorrow and 12.12.12 which is on Wednesday"

He knew I was right. We continued walking.

"Do you plan on talking to her if you see her?" I asked.

"Yes. I really need to, because..."

He stopped to make sure no one was in earshot.

"I keep on thinking about what she said on the phone and it's got me beat"

"I can tell, man. You've not been in the zone for a few days now. I think talking to her will do you good"

"Yeah, it will but the question is: will she talk to me?"

(Nicky/Nicks)

We arrived in New York a few hours later. Blyss and I sat in a restaurant in SoHo enjoying the first evening meal of our trip.

"Who's there this year?" Blyss asked.

"Alicia, obviously it is her foundation, Oprah, Anjélique Kidjo - who are both being honoured"

"Who's Anjélique Kidjo?"

"She's a Grammy award winning Beninoise singer-song writer and activist. Like Oprah, she's being honoured for her role in philanthropy"