Chapter 8 - Crumble

So below, we have a chapter that didn't necessarily come easy but it was one I liked writing.

Comment, vote, tell errrybody

let the reading commence

@NasyahLoves

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8

(Prodigy)

"Oooo Prod got some!" Was the first thing I heard as I walked into our hotel suite.

"Is she the boss in the bedroom too?" Roc asked laughing with Ray dabbing him.

"Guys I'm pretty sure none of that happened - right Prod?" I could always count on Prince to come to my rescue.

"Yeah, you're right none of that did happen and even if it did, I sure as hell wouldn't tell any of you"

Prince shot me a glance.

"Okay maybe you, but you two? hell nah"

"You afraid we might sell it to the press or summin'?" Ray asked.

"No, I just wouldn't tell you two cos I'd be afraid you might get visions of MY girl"

We laughed at my stupid comment.

"Nah I'm just playing, of course I'd tell you guys - you're my boys, my brothers"

"Amigos" Prince chipped in.

"Ni**as for life" Ray added.

"Mindless Behavior" Roc ended.

(Nicky/Nicks)

"Hello?"

"He spent the night."

"Oh my... Whoa! Sh*t! Aye you got it in!"

"Ew. No! It wasn't like that. We just fell asleep and I ended up resting my head on his lap"

"His lap?!" Blyss screamed down the phone.

"Yes his lap, do you have a problem?"

"Yes I do! Why his lap? Hmmm Nicks? Were you tryna gage his size? Hmmm Nicks?" She laughed.

"Blyss, you NEED to shut the f*ck up before I slap you through the phone"

"Well so-ree! I'm just playing with you don't get your knickers in a twist!"

Blyss knew I didn't like to talk about anything particularly sexual. It wasn't because of a past experience or anything, I just found it awkward.

"Look, Nicks, I'm sorry - I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay B, I know you were just playing"

"So what happened?"

"Well I don't really remember much of last night but this morning when I woke up, he looked...godly"

"Ooooo godly"

"I'm not comparing him to God because I mean that'd be pure blasphemy, but all I know is, I think I'm actually beginning to fall for him"

"Beginning to? But you two are already together"

Damn! I'd totally forgotten that I hadn't told Blyss what was going on.

"Blyss you need to promise to keep this a secret"

"Scout's honour"

I filled her in on what was going on and why we'd decided to do this.

"You know what you have to do right?"

"No I don't Blyss - enlighten me"

"You've gotta tell him you have feelings for him"

"No way, hell nah, uh uh If I'm wrong I don't wanna be right"

"You just HAD to quote Kendrick didn't you?"

"Well it wouldn't be right just saying 'no way, hell nah, uh uh' without completing the line"

"ANYWAY as I was saying, you've got to tell him"

"Tell him what? 'Hey, I made a mistake! We shouldn't pretend to be together, we should soo totally get together in real life, get married and have babies'?!"

"That's exactly what you should say"

"Okay, now you're being stupid"

"All I'm saying Nicks is: don't wait till the water runs dry, you might watch your whole life pass you by - just don't wait till the water runs dry, you'll make the biggest mis-"

"Are you quoting Boyz II Men?"

"Yeah..."

"In that case, I should be allowed to quote Kendrick Lamar"

"He's not a G.O.A.T (greatest of all time) yet"

"Says who?"

"YOU. Remember? That was your main feature in-"

"Last May's issue" I completed her sentence.

"Gosh Nicks I think you're so love struck, you can't even remember what you've published and when you published it"

She was right. I had it bad.

(Axl Rose)

Nicky B - my competition. I'd been trying all my life to get one over her and I think I finally had. She went by the ethos of reporting the truth and nothing but the truth. But for the past few weeks, she and her "boyfriend" had been living a lie.

Tapping phones was old school reporting and now a days, illegal but I couldn't give a flying f*ck. All I wanted to do was to break down her publishing empire so mine would rise to the top. It was time to watch her crumble.