Tony x Reader

(I said that I was gonna update :) )(Thanks for the idea Khushi-Stark :) )(I'm sorry for the wait)

(It's a looooooooooooooooong one)

I remember it all like it was yesterday. The pain. The tears. The screams. It's been a year since that day and I still haven't recovered from it. The team hasn't been the same without him and never will, when we are on missions, we give our best to not think about it, but when we all return we barely talk to each other.

Since that day, I started having nightmares and trouble sleeping, the one exception when I didn't have any nightmares was when I passed out because of exhaustion, after hours and hours of searching and finding nothing every single time. But I never stopped, never gave up on hope, in hope that one day I'll find him, even if it's the last thing I do.

The government has gave up a few months ago and announced to the public that he was dead, but I never believed in that because I had a feeling that was telling me other wise, the team had been slowly stopping searching too, so I was pretty much on my own.

"Y/n, you need to get out of here! You need to sleep!" Bucky, my best friend, ordered me to do that for the thousandth time while entering the lab with a frown and stopping right in front of me with his arms crossed. "You haven't slept for the past four days! If you don't go to bed right now, you'll regret your life choices."

"I can't go now! I'm so close to find him! Just go!" I exclaimed to him and looked at all the holograms, took a sip of my tenth cup coffee of the day and waved him off. I may or may not have pushed everyone away, but Bucky was stubborn and never left. He mumbled something under his breath and then, in one shift movement, grabbed me by the legs and put me on his shoulder, like I was some kind of sack of potatoes. "James Buchanan Barnes! Put me down! Now!" I started to pound my fist against his back but he didn't mind me.

Bucky never put me down during our little trip to the guest room and I was starting to feel sleepy. Since a few months ago, I moved to the guest room because I couldn't stand it anymore, knowing that the love of my life was probably in some horrible place suffering, instead of being here, with me, in the same bed as me, warming and cuddling me. Bucky put me down in the bed and I fell asleep almost immediately.

That's when the nightmare came once again.

*Nightmare/Flashback*

Tony and I were cuddling in our bed, just relaxing and spending time together.

"I missed this. You and me, cuddling in peace." Tony said while caressing my cheek and planting a kiss in my forehead. I hummed in response with my eyes closed and hugged him tighter. Since I ate dinner I wasn't feeling well in my tummy so I decided to just came to bed, and Tony surprisingly came. "Is your tummy better?"

"Kinda." I basically whispered to him and he smiled. I was starting to feel a bit sleepy and I think Tony noticed because he kissed my forehead again and said a little 'good night beautiful angel'. I fell asleep but was immediately woken up with a loud noise.

"JARVIS, what was that?" Tony asked right away and started to sit up so he could move fast as soon as the AI gave him information. However, there was no response from the AI. That worried the both of us, so we got up to our feet and went to run to the door, but before either of us could make another movement, two tranquilizers came from the window, one directed to my neck and the other to Tony's neck. "What the fuck?"

Suddenly, agents started to come through the window, like the tranquilizers, and started to tie my arms and legs with a roup and same to Tony. Except one thing, they put a bag in Tony's head and carried him with them. The tranquilizers were making a good hell of a job by making us both weak so we couldn't fight, I tried to move and move but nothing, I started to scream and that seemed to work, so I just kept on screaming and screaming until they slapped me and put something in my mouth so I would stop.