Chapter 15

Chapter 15:  Connecting

Lian was back in her chair, but Niall was on the other side of the room looking sheepish and trying hard not to laugh.  Harry and Louis were noticeably quiet though and staring at the TV like it was the only thing in the room.

“Good movie?”

“Not really, typical action BS”  Lian and I were not Action fans.

Nothing from the boys at all.  I looked at Niall who just shrugged his shoulders and was slowly making his way back to the chair next to Lian.

“Well, I’m going to go get a cup of coffee before we head back to the hotel.  Come get me when you’re ready Lian.”

I left the room and went down to the dining hall.  I got a cup of coffee and really debated a piece of coconut cream pie.  But since I had already had dessert with Matt I decided not to be a pig, but it was tough.

I sat down in the corner and was flipping through a magazine when Louis came in.  He sat down next to me.

“Bored with the movie?”

“No.  Just confused.  I was hoping maybe we could just chat a bit.  Harry and Niall both think the world of you, even Liam really took to you.  Jonathan said you would be a good person to share some of my concerns with, so if you wouldn’t mind listening to me….”

“Of course you can talk to me Louis.  What ‘s up?”

“I’m just so confused.  It’s like old Harry is back.  The Harry we all used to love.  Sweet lovable Harry.  My best friend Harry.  What happens when he remembers?  Will he be asshole Harry again?  I just don’t know.  I want so much to spend time with Harry again, but I can’t be hurt like before.  He slaughtered Zayn and I.  It was brutal.  I just don’t know if I can go through it again, but I can’t quite keep away either.”

“What happened Louis?  Do we know how far back Harry’s memory is affected?”

“So much happened.  But it seems that his memory stops about the time that the proverbial shit hit the fan.  He remembers going to Peru.  But he doesn’t remember the show that night or anything after until he met you in the parking lot last night.  He seems to remember the songs, and our current set list.”

“So something happened in Peru it sounds like and the trauma from last night seems to have blocked it.  Isn’t Peru where you and Zayn made your little video?”

“Yup.  And that is what started it.  Well not really.  There had been arguments and fights before that.  But we always worked things out.  But the pot incident was the final straw for Harry apparently.”

He got up and went to the beverage center and got a cup of tea then grabbed a piece of pie and came back over.