Chapter 23

Chapter 23:  Investigation II

We finished our lunch and had a most wonderful dessert.  Well Niall had most of the dessert, but we all got a smidge of it.  That kid cracked me up.  And I was loving watching him and Lian together.  There was definitely some honest chemistry there.  I kept waiting for the pinch to wake me up.

We did not get out of the restaurant as easily as we made it in.  Thank goodness Jonathan showed up to help control the scene.  How had so many girls both found out and descended upon the restaurant so quickly was beside me.  I was so impressed by how well Niall handled himself.  Posing for pictures and signing a staggering number of odd items, telling jokes and just being amazing to his fans.  The whole time keeping Lian close and never letting her feel left out.  I think she was definitely getting some fan girl hate but there was just as many that were so excited to see Niall with a girlfriend.  Who knew?

Finally Jonathan put an end to the impromptu fan event and got us ushered back to vehicles.  Niall and Lian went back to the hospital to see how the guys were doing.  Matt and I went for a drive and talked about everything!

I had such a great time talking with Matt, I really didn’t want to go back and talk to Paul.  Alas, Matt made me.

“Would you please come with me?  It would make me feel better to have someone else hear this and read things before I commit.”

“I would be honored.  I have to say, I’m very excited for you.  I went into lunch today thinking I would never see you again after you leave in the morning.  Me in my world and not in a position to leave it right now, and you in yours.  But this opportunity, well, it gives me hope.  I know you would be traveling a lot, but we can keep in contact and maybe someday when things change and settle down again, there is certainly opportunity there.  Lian is a wise young woman.”

“Yes she is.  Wow, I’m really considering this!  For the first time in years, I see a future, a long one.  I can’t believe this!”

We walked arm in arm together to the little office to meet Paul.

Everything was written as promised with a few additions.  There was a clause stating time off for medical needs and paid travel arrangements would be included for medical needs.  Also, paid medical insurance benefits would be included, retirement benefits effective immediately.  It was quite the offer.  How could I have refused, so I didn’t.

“Excellent!  Harry will be delighted!  Frankly so will the rest of us, you have to keep his schedule now and make sure he doesn’t get lost going to events!  So there will be a lot of confidentiality paperwork and of course payroll stuff, just a lot of paper signing.  We will have most of that for you this evening after the meeting.  I’m sure you will still want to go home to speak with your previous employer and get your own affairs in order.  I have already been informed by Harry he will be joining you on this road trip, which means that you will also be accompanied by a security team.  If that is alright by you, if it’s not, you have to tell Harry.  Good luck with that.  So we will meet again after the investigation briefing and iron out these remaining details.  For now, congratulations and welcome to the world of One Direction.”

Wow!  I did it, I accepted the job!  I hugged Matt.  The best part was the kiss he gave me.  Wowsers!