Chapter 28

Chapter 28:  The whole Story

We had the car loaded and were on the road in less than an hour.  Harry started to fill us in right away, probably knowing we would not let him get to far without telling us!

“It’s true, all of it.”  He said simply.  “And a few more things they all neglected to mention.”

“Well I didn’t think Louis was lying, but what is the rest of the story Harry?”

Lian just kept quiet and listened.

“Well let’s start with what no one mentioned.  I seem to have been drinking quite a lot for the last year.  I don’t remember ever being a fall down drunk, but I remember doing a lot of drinking.  Very hypocritical of me, telling Zayn and Louis they can’t smoke or do a hit on a joint, but me sitting there with a beer in my hand while I tell them off.  Like I said, I don’t think I’m an alcoholic, I haven’t felt the need for a drink since this happened.  I enjoyed the beer the other night, but I never felt like I needed another.  I don’t feel like I have been going through withdrawals.  I think for me, it just took the edge off the stress of this crazy life.  Unfortunately, it made my lips a little too loose and my mind a little too foggy for my own good.  I said and did some terrible things.  I would like to blame it all on the booze, but the booze just loosened my inhibitions.  The jerk just came out under its influence.”

He sat quietly again.  I was a little surprised about this confession.  He is a pop star after all, it shouldn’t surprise me, but it saddened me that the life had taken hold of them all in such ways.

“Well, now you know how it was affecting you.  You got the opportunity that most people never get, you got to step outside of it and actually witness the damage.  Now you can correct that.  None of the guys are perfect Harry, they will understand, probably more than you realize.  Just talk to them, let them help you, and you help them.”

“Your right, I know that now, and I don’t think I care to have a drink ever again, I don’t like that person.  I especially don’t like the things I did while I was that person.”

He paused again briefly, then continued.

“The final blow up, in Peru, that happened, pretty much as he said.  I went hiking with Liam, he and Zayn went off to town and had their fun.  They sent me the video.  I got so pissed when I saw it.  Not because they were getting high, it wasn’t the first time, probably won’t be the last.  I was pissed because I had asked Louis to go hiking with us.  He said he was tired and didn’t want to go.  I was hurt.”

“Why Harry?  Surely you all do your own thing, you don’t spend every waking moment with Louis.”

From the back seat Lian made a strange sneezing noise, it sounded remarkably like ahhhlarryoo.

“Really Lian?  Really?”  I was angry at her for that, but Harry just laughed.

“It’s ok.  No, we are not in a relationship like a couple.  I would be lying if I said I never want to be.  I love Louis, very much.  But we are friends, best friends, confidants, partners in silliness.  But not lovers.  After my horrific behavior, probably never will be either.  Not that he is interested.”