*12*

Prem Pov

After 6 years........

Is there anything I need to know. I asked my colleague and friend Fluke. He just grab my hand, gave a file, I get that and go through it,

Fluke: This is the new case.. I think it's critical, surviving possibility is just 10% .

Prem:(chuckled) She have 10%. Let's hope for best..

Fluke: I know you will say this.. that's why Dean recommend you to do this surgery.. And she came from Bangkok..

Prem: I see.. ok. Give her appointment coming Thursday..

Fluke: ok..

It's been six years I came here (UK), I finished my studies, I was working in St. Thomas hospital.. this is one of the world class hospital.All here prising me that I was best cardiologist in such small age.. but I think that's not a matter because,I just think positive to help my patients.. They even gave award for best doctor of the year.. all these years,I just want to fix the broken hearts somewhat I succeed in many but still I can't fix mine.. I think I will succeed in this case too.. my thoughts snapped out by my sweet nurse,  assistant, care taker, secretary and also my friend Jesy.

Jesy:  Hey!!!!

Prem: Why are you shouting, Jes.. I thought I gonna get crack in my ear drum.

Jes: I am already calling you for nineth time.. but you were in your own space.. that's why I tried to get back to earth..

Prem: Ok! I am sorry.. what you want?

Jes: Time for morning rounds.. shall we..

Prem: Sure..

We went for the regular check up of the heart patients in ICU and normal ward.. all were doing well.. I instructed the duty doctors and nurses what to inject and what to give them. They were carefully listening to me.. there a roar of old man get our attention..it's none other than our Dean. He is very kind person.. but in only my eyes..all here gossips about him that he is very rude and strict.. but still today I didn't see his rude face, he always smiles and speaks kind to me..

Mr. Paul: Hey Prem.. how are you doing my boy?

Prem: Good.. sir..

Paul: How many times did I told you not to call me sir.. just call me Uncle..

Prem: But sir we were in hospital and in duty.. it's not a good manners to call you like that sir..

Paul: So.. thoughtful..this is why I like you so much..so what are you doing here?

Prem: Nothing much sir.. just regular rounds.. that's all..

Paul: Ok..ok.. aha.. then I heard you agreed to do the surgery of that critical case..

Prem: Of course sir.. you personally recommend me.. how can I say no..

Paul: You can dear.. you can say No. Because that case's surviving possibility is only 10%. You can't risk your career.. so I just recommend you but you should decide..

Prem:(chuckled) Sir. You know me well..I am not doing this job for fame,or to earn money, or move further in my career.. I am doing this job just for my soul satisfaction.. I think positive..I can fix the broken hearts.

Paul: I am very proud of you my boy. But it's my duty to warn you.. by the way they came from your home town..

Prem: I know,Fluke already told me.

Paul: So when did you gave the appointment.?

Prem: Thursday.

Paul: Day after tomorrow..?