CHAPTER 24

That Sweet 16th Wish
Chapter 24

—————

Nykei's P. O. V

I opened my eyes and found myself standing in front of many students. They were all minding their own business. Some were studying, playing guitar, playing games, chatting. A guy walked past me and I thought he will bump to me, but he just came through me.

I think hindi nila ako nakikita. I looked around. Where am I?

Among the students in the room, there was one student that had a familiar face. No— not just her. There's also him.

In the corner of the room, there was a girl sitting on the windowsill. She was reading a book. She tucked her hair behind her ear.

It's funny to think that Eva didn't change that much.

The other familiar face was in the middle of the room. He was staring at her like she was the only person in the room. Eva looked up and met his gaze. Both of them blushed. Eva covered her face with the book while he pretended to look at a different direction.

"Sid, sorry nalate ako! Eto na yung bouquet na pinabili mo," sabi ng kararating lang na lalaki. Nakuha nito ang atensyon ng lahat ng kaklase nila. They all looked at him as he glared at his friend.

"Ooh! Sid para kanino yan?"

"Hala aamin na sa 'kin si Sid!"

"'Wag kang asyumera!"

"Binata na si Sid."

Dahil sa mga pang-aasar na naririnig niya ay lalong namula ang mukha niya. He cleared his throat before taking the flowers from his friend. He stood up and walked towards the girl sitting on the window sill.

Both joy and confusion could be seen in Eva's eyes as Sid gave her the bouquet.

—————

Chapter 24
The Fate of All Pt. 2

—————

A strong wind pushed me back again. As I opened my eyes, everything was dark. The only light that I could see is coming from the night lamp. I heard sobs of a woman and I looked around to see Eva on a corner. She was hugging her knees. Her face is wet because of tears.

"B-baby... baby ko? S-sorry h-hindi ka naprotektahan ni mommy."

My eyes widened. Eva was- pregnant?

'Yung mukha ni Eva ngayon ay mukha ng isang tao na nawawala na sa sarili. Tumatawa siya tapos iiyak na naman.

I was dumbfounded sa nalaman ko. H-how? Kay Sid ba'ng anak 'yon? At that age?

Ang lalong nagpagulat sa 'kin ay nang inangat ni Eva ang tingin niya. She looked straight into my eyes! She can see me!

Even before I could do anything I felt the wind push me again. This time, bringing me to an even darker room.

There was a table in the middle and two women were sitting opposite of each other. The other woman gave something to—

Teka— It's Sid's mom!

"Sigurado ka ba sa gamot na ito, Solaria?"

Gamot?

"Iyan ang pinakamabisa kong gamot, Deborah. Kung gusto mo talagang mabaliw ang babaeng iyon, ipatak mo ito sa iinumin niya. This can alter her memories and make hallucinations look real to her."