Chapter 1

Laney's POV

I was in my room looking at the moving truck in Corey's driveway. He was moving away and leaving me alone. Kin and Kon moved two weeks before cause of some stupid fight we had. Ok that wasn't the reason, but they didn't say bye.

I was mad Corey for leaving me. We were supposed to be best friends and go to highschool together. I grabbed my bass looking at the blue and white. Core gave it to me when my old one broke. He said it was a gift to start an awesome band. Well we did that.

I started to strum a bit when there was a knock on my door. My mom poked her head in with her long red hair in a bun.

"Sweetie do you want to say goodbye to Corey before he leaves?" She asked. I nodded my head and walked downstairs. I saw Corey outside of his garage. I walked outside and ran across the street to his house.

"Hey Core." I said scaring him. He turned around and I just smiled at him. If he's moving I want to make him happy. "So when do you have to leave."

"My dad says soon so yeah." He looked at the ground with a frown on his face.

"Well then what do you want to do that's quick but still really fun?" I asked him. He looked up and a smirk came on his face. Boom already cheered up if that doesn't deserve the best friend of the year award I do know what does.

"Well we can go to the amusement park for a bit." He said.

"Awesome then. Let's go." He grabbed my arm and dragged me there. I ran with him, running through the park, the streets, and fields till we got to the amusement park.

We walked inside and went on every roller coaster we could go on. We got popcorn and cotton candy. Soon we passed one of those photo both things.

"Come on Lanes." Corey said dragging me in there. He put his beanie on my head and stole my yellow clip. He put it in his hair and smiled at me. We sometimes do stuff like this were we switch my clip and his beanie. He pushed a button and it started counting down.

"Let's first do a rock symbol." He said putting his two middle fingers down. I did the same and the camera flashed.

"Ok now let's do a silly one." I told him as he crossed his eyes and stuck out his tongue. I giggled at how weird his eyes looked. Soon he started laughing to.

"Ok now what?" I asked as he put and arm around me. He pushed down his beanie so it covered my eyes. "Core wha-" I was cut of by someone's lips on mine.

That was five years ago when I was thirteen now I'm eighteen. I'll always remember that day. The day Corey kissed me and this time it was on purpose. I wish I could have him and the band back but we lost touch a while back. I grab my suitcase and my bass case. I got a new black and gray bass for Christmas last year. I walked downstairs to see my mom crying on my dad's shoulder.

"My baby girl is all grown up." My dad said looking at me with proud emerald green eyes. He has brown hair and pale ish skin. He had on his dress shirt and pants. I guess he has to go to work soon. I look at my mom in her pale yellow dress. Her red hair was in her famous bun and her green eyes were puff cause of her crying.

"Oh Laney. We love you, please visit soon." My mom said as she pulled me and my dad into a hug. I would usually pull away but this time I sank into the hug. When we pulled apart my parents were smiling.

"I love both of you and mom I will visit whenever I can ok?" My mom nodded and I walked out the door to my black Jeep. I got this for my birthday from my brother Jake. He has my mom's eyes and my dad's hair. We both have pale skin but he has more tan than mine.

I put my stuff in the back of the Jeep getting ready to go to the rental house that we moved my stuff into the day before. After about a four hour drive I got there. A very light yellow colored house with a dark brown garage door. Time to meet my roommates.