Chapter 27

Laney

I smiled at the blue haired man in front of me. He reminded me so much of Corey, too bad I probably won't ever find him ever again. Plus he's probably already married by now with kids playing in his backyard and a beautiful wife.

"So, how long have you guys lived here for?" Carrie asked.

"Oh well this was our childhood neighborhood, but we then moved to college and came back," Kin told us with a small smile. "what about you gals."

"We all lived around here but didn't really meet till college." Kim answered.

"That's cool." Corey said, pulling my attention back to him. "Ya know there's a new amusement park that opened up a while back if you want we could go there on Friday."

I smiled, once again Corey reminded me so much of Corey Riffin.

"Sure why not." I answered for all of us.

"Wicked." Corey responded. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Kim pull out her phone to check the time.

"Well boys this has been a lovely chat but we gotta get back to rehearsal." Kim told them while us gals stood up. We waved goodbye and left the room going upstairs to the recording studio.

"Ok gals one more time recording then we move onto the other songs." I told them as we all went to our instruments.

"1..2..1 2 3 4"

(You Need to Calm Down by Taylor Swift)

I started out singing "You are somebody that I don't know But you're takin' shots at me like it's Patrón And I'm just like, damn, it's 7 AM Say it in the street, that's a knock-out But you say it in a Tweet, that's a cop-out And I'm just like, "Hey, are you okay?" And I ain't tryna mess with your self-expression But I've learned a lesson that stressin' and obsessin' 'bout somebody else is no fun"

Carrie then sang "And snakes and stones never broke my bones"

Kim joined in with Carrie "So oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh"

I sang "You need to calm down, you're being too loud"

Kim and Carrie once again "And I'm just like oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh (oh)"

I sang" You need to just stop Like can you just not step on my gown?"

Us three then sang together "You need to calm down"

Carrie and I stopped and Kim continued "You are somebody that we don't know But you're comin' at my friends like a missile Why are you mad? When you could be GLAAD?"

Carrie and I sang in harmony "You could be GLAAD"

I stopped and let Carrie continue "Sunshine on the street at the parade But you would rather be in the dark age Just makin' that sign must've taken all night"

I sang "You just need to take several seats and then try to restore the peace And control your urges to scream about all the people you hate"

Kim then added in "'Cause shade never made anybody less gay So oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh"

Carrie and I sang together "You need to calm down, you're being too loud And I'm just like oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh (oh)"

Kim sang with us "You need to just stop Like can you just not step on his gown? You need to calm down"

I then sang solo "And we see you over there on the internet Comparing all the girls who are killing it But we figured you out We all know now, we all got crowns You need to calm down"

Carrie/Kim (cause I'm getting Lazy) "Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh"

I sang with them "You need to calm down (you need to calm down) You're being too loud (you're being too loud)"

Kim "And I'm just like oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh (oh)"

Carrie "You need to just stop (can you stop?)"

We all sang together "Like can you just not step on our gowns? You need to calm down"