Chapter 3

Kim

I was looking at my new room. Wow it was so big, way bigger than the room me and Konnie had to share when we were little. The walls were a sky blue and the bed had night blue sheets with white pillows and one very fluffy gray pillow. I guess this room was a sky themed room, cool. Soon I heard the garage open, finally Konnie's here...or the one of the other roommates.

Yeah most likely the other roommates option, Konnie's always late so it won't surprise me if it's the one of the other roommates. I believe one of their names is Laney Penn. Well this is gonna be good not being the only one in the house.

I walked out of the room I was in and down the stairs. I saw a red headed girl with emerald green eyes. Her hair's in a low ponytail and she has on a green shirt with yellow sleeves. One of them hangs off her shoulder where a small tattoo is that's skull. She has red jeans on with combat boots, she seems really cool.

"Hi I'm Kim." I told her noticing her bass case. "You play bass?" I asked her pointing to her black bass case that has white notes on it.

"Yeah I do. Oh by the way my name's Laney." Laney answered my next question. Ok you met one of the two roommates you don't know so way to go you Kim."

"Cool, I play the keyboard." I told her. If the next roommate plays the guitar then we can make a band, but let's not get a head of ourselves.

"Nice. Do you know where my room is? I kind of need to put my stuff in it." She asked me. Yes, you can show her the room she's saying in. Why do I've got to be so weird? (A/N: don't we all ask that sometimes?)

"Sure, do you need help with your stuff?" I asked not seeing her suitcase or suitcases anywhere.

"Oh I'll just come back down and grab it after I know where my room is." She told me, still holding her bass case. She followed me upstairs to were the rooms are and I went to the room that had a paper that said Laney on it.

"Ok here we are, the paper is a note from the house people or whatever. So if you have questions there's a phone number on it and you can also ask me." I told her while waving goodbye. I went back into my room thinking about how cool a band would be.

Man, I haven't been in a band since I was thirteen. It was with Larry, Konnie, and Carrie. Oh Carrie was the other girl's name, Carrie Beff. Oh no, Konnie's not gonna like it when she shows up.

About one hour later, when I was setting up my keyboard, I heard the garage door open. I finished setting up my keyboard and jogged downstairs. I turned the corner to see Carrie glaring at Konnie. The both seemed disgusted to see each other.

"Hey Carrie," I started. "How have you been?" I asked as she still glared at my sister.

"Just great." She said not taking her eyes off Konnie. Konnie stuck out her tongue at Carrie.

"Wow, there's a lot of hateful glares coming from down here." I looked up and saw Laney a couple of steps away from me. How is she so silent?

Carrie and Konnie looked up at Laney who was now just standing there. Carrie first seemed confused then her eyes were shocked. Though Konnie just had a 'Who is this' face.

"Well if it isn't Laney Penn." Carrie said putting her hands on her hips. Her voice had changed from high pitched to more low and soft.

"Carrie Beff, long time no see." Laney told her leaning against the railing.

"You guys know each other?" I asked.

"Hey we meet in high school." Carrie said. "She's an awesome bassist." After Carrie said that she glared back at Konnie. Well if this is going to happen every day then we are in for a treat.