Reflexes #2

Two weeks were about to end now and then I would officially become single again. This stuff was boring. No offence to people but I really find it boring.

A new habit had been adapted by me and that was asking Ryan about her everyday. I am not stalking but still. I like being updated about her for I knew that she did the same thing. "How did she react?" I asked.

"Not so good. I mean she didn't mind you dating Dorothy but the fact that you did not tell her and she believes that it was you who started this thing." "What?! Why would I want to date Dorothy? I told her that it was her who confessed saying that she had a crush on me for two years and stuff!" I said.

Unbelievable. How could she do that? Another misunderstanding. "Forget it. I will only spoil things if I confront her," I said. "Well,that's up to you but I think she is upset with you. You know how she feels about you. Yeah and please don't pity her. She would rather have you hate her to death than you sympathy," Ryan said.

The word  pity, rang in my ears. "I don't pity her!"
He just shrugs. They were desk partners and what he said was true.

"Hey,Nate. That's Sofim right?" I look up and see her walking ahead of us,alone. Perfect timing. I would go and explain everything. Why am I explaining?

She was walking with an umbrella in her right hand hung over her shoulder,a book on the other hand. She looked funny.

But cool.  I notice the slight stiffening in her before I approach her and it again surprises me that she senses me before I even make myself known. Smell? Nah! Her sense of smell was never good.

"Hi." "What are you doing here?" She asks not stopping. "Um nothing?" I said. "Alright then bye bye, I need to go back to hostel," she said and begins to walk faster.

"Wait. I needed to clear something. It wasn't me who asked her out. The other ways round actually. Are you angry?" I ask even though I had no idea why would she be angry with me. "Why would I be angry with you? And if you go out then it's fine. I am not someone clingy," she teases.  "That's what! Even I wondered why would you be angry with stuff like that," I said and she laughed.

Today she appeared shorter than usual and I could see that it was making her uncomfortable. The road was slanted. She was on the slanted side so I moved their and pushed her towards the other so our height didn't have much difference. She smirked. Only Sofim could see right through me.

We had laughed and joked till we reached her hostel. I bid her bye and waited for my friends to join me. It was the first and the last time I ever walked her. I smiled at the thought of her being teased like hell in hostel. Her seniors were not going to spare her. Perks of being a broader? I bet news flew like wildfire in there.

I am hoping to see Sofim but she is no where to be seen. Paul had asked me to accompany him to meet Angle and I agreed having nothing else to do. "Hi,Nate," Angle said and snaked her hands around mine. I hate this.

I gently push her away and thankfully she does not realize this. We are talking when I see Sofim coming towards us.

A guy is with her. They seem close. Good for her. He says something to her and she freaking laughs. They come closer and I don't turn until she notices me. She seems acquainted with Angle and even the guy. He has a way of affecting Angle. Strange.

They are talking about fairy lights. Angle takes them away and even now I could not say anything to her. Loser!
The rest of the evening seems a blur.

I meet her again during the stupid ceremony where I am told to sit in a chair and smile to anyone who comes to me and I'll get paid. Pretty petty. But I don't want to upset Paul so I sit anyways.

She came walking towards me and I could tell that she was not so keen to see me there. "Oh." All she said was that and she went away. I ran after her. I had to sort things with her. This burden was freaking killing me now.

"Wait,Sofim!" I say and she stops. "Let's talk." "Alright." Wow, that was easy. We walk towards a lake and I ask her the most dreaded question that has been bugging me. "How are you?" I knew the answer. Some what.

We spoke and even now, she did not open up. I have done many mean things and even she did not leave any stone unturned to hurt me. But now I had to say it. She didn't let me. Again!

"Hey, what's the deal with you and your mind? Are you two a little too deep? "Paul teases and I just shake my head. I had failed and this was definitely not the first time.

Next time I bump into her, I immediately wish I had not because there she sat laughing away with her friend whose name started from J. I didn't know.

They were happy and even Paul was with them. This J guy could sing pretty well. Amazing actually. I go back to my tent and drift off to sleep.

"Hey,Nate. Go back now. The bell has already rung." I stop running and turn to find Sofim and few others heading towards us. We were caught playing overtime again! We would not get into trouble for we had them as the perfects but they themselves would definitely scold the hell out of us. Few words were not so pleasant to the ears.

We stop playing and everyone starts heading to their classes. I stop to clean my shoes and take my time. I see Don and Sofim having a heated argument and head towards them. Not that I was worried about her, it was because I knew if Don crosses his line, she would surely forget he was human. Yeah, she was wicked and I never wanted to get on her bad side. I've seen her fight. Those punches are not so feminine.

They separate before I can reach them and I can say that she went easy on him for she is busy trying to calm herself down by cupping her face with her hands. "Hey." "Am I red?" She wishers. "What?" I asked not so sure of what I heard. "Do I look red?" She said. Her hands were still covering her cheeks so it was hard to tell.

I don't know why I leaned closer, took her hands  in mine and removed them. I stepped a little closer and tilted my head so I could see her cheeks well and she was blushing. My action had absolutely no effect on her though it did for me,on great levels.

"Nah. You are not blushing," I said and move away. She nods and starts walking ahead of me. I don't realise that I have been standing in the same spot until she calls my name.

"Freaking nightmares!" My throat burned craving for water. I drink the water in my bottle like I have been kept in a dungeon for my entire life. My cheeks are wet. Have I been crying in my sleep?! Screw it!!!

I am surely going to speak with her and get over with this stuff. I feel suffocated all of a sudden now. Noone can stop me now. We are both at fault and apologies will make it work .

I want to sleep!

*****************
Do vote(•‿•) sorry but I am changing the main character's name. It's uncomfortable?